Chapter 6: Ocean Gem

Steven: I'm grounded?

Garnet folds her arms.

Garnet: Yes, you're grounded!

Pearl: You disobeyed an order.

Amethyst: And now we're gonna bury you 'til you've learned your lesson.

She then pull out a shovel from behind her as Steven panics.

Steven: Aah! That's not how grounding works!

Lars: Also why am I here?

Garnet: You are also grounded with Steven.

Lars: I dont even live here though?

Garnet: Someone need to make sure you stay here so we have assigned a timetable on who stay here and look after you and Steven for a thousand years.

Steven: A-A thousand years?! But I wont live that long!

Amethyst: Then get buried for a thousand years! Ahaha!

Steven: Noo!

The door of the house suddenly opens. The Crystal Gems turn to look and see Greg standing at the doorway, panting heavily.

Steven: Dad?

Greg was puffing as he coughed a bit before looking at everyone.

Greg: Uh, you guys better come check this out.

They headed outside and could tell there was already something was...The citizens of Beach City are gathered behind Mayor Dewey and murmuring worriedly.

Beach City Citizens began to whisper about what was happening, some confused and worried and others were seeing this in a more brighter light... this was Ronaldo as he began to takes a picture with his phone as the camera zooms out, revealing that the entire ocean is gone, leaving various boats and ships stranding on the now-deserted ocean floor.

Steven: The ocean!

Dewey: Hey, it's those magical ladies! What's going on here?!

Garnet: The ocean is gone, obviously.

Dewey: That's right. Now it's just a desert. No one wants to take a vacation to... Desert City! Aww, we're gonna lose all our summer business! 

Fryman: Who's gonna buy my fries?

Kofi: And my pizza?

Mr. Smiley: Who's gonna have fun at funland?

Dewey: As mayor, I DEMAND you explain this immediate-!

Garnet slaps the megaphone out of the Mayor's hand.

Garnet: It was Lapis Lazuli.

Steven: But she's a Gem, just like us.

Pearl: There's a lot you don't know about Gems, Steven.

Lars looked at the empty dried up sand before he turned to Greg and tap his shoulder.

Greg: Huh? Oh, Lars? What you need? 

Lars: Can I borrow your van? 

Greg: Wha?

.

.

.

Lars was giving the van a quick check-up and making sure all of the suspension on the van was prepared for a long but tough track which it was, Before anything. Lars gave the van a quick upgrade with better wheels and motor along with some extra parts to ensure the van safety for the trip.