Chapter 9: Face Down

The corridors were uniformly green, mirroring the exterior of the ship, with numerous doors opening to vacant recesses in the walls as if the sole purpose of this hand-shaped vessel was to capture gems. Not all the cells were empty; in front of him, a small blue gem, roughly Steven's height, swayed gently as she sang. Her blue hair and dress fluttered as she hummed a tune that seemed likely to catch on widely.

Lars watched the gem, who did not return his gaze before she spoke.

Blue: Quickly, hide behind something.

Lars glanced to his right and saw one of the doors swing open. He leaped into a vent, hurriedly replacing the tiles to conceal his entry.

Peridot: It appears some vents on the ship have been displaced?

Jasper: You, fix it.

She pointed at Peridot and then turned her glare toward the blue gem.

Jasper: And you, stop singing!

The blue gem fell silent, remaining quiet while Jasper confronted Peridot.

Peridot: The Cluster is still in preparation as normal, without distractions. Setting course back to Homeworld to report to Yellow Diamond.

After Peridot and Jasper leave, Lars climbs down from the vent.

Lars: Guess I've got to get moving then.

Blue: It would be best for you not to alert the others.

Lars turned to the blue gem with a side glance.

Blue: I don't know how you got on this ship, but it would be best for you to head to the side of the ship to find an escape pod back to Earth. You should inform Steven about the situation.

Lars: So, you know me then.

Blue: You could say that I know you, but you know only a little about me and someone else.

Lars reached for a green pad. The blue gem moved her head in sync with his hand movement, watching intently as something materialized in front of his hand. It was a piece of green metal with five steel prongs that floated as they made contact with the green pad.

Short electrical like sparks shot out of the pad as it exploded as the yellow barrier began to glitch out and short circuit, making it dissapears

Lars: Well that worked better then what I planned.

Blue: How..?

Their head direction was seemly on where Lars hand was at as no marks was left on his hand.

Lars: Just some tricks I picked up.

Lars: Cant risk that again, damaged some of my magic circuit in my fingers...

He had originally tried to mimic what Peridot had done as a test, which proved successful, indicating that it wasn't really her hand but something else entirely. Now wasn't the time to delve into questions, as he needed to focus on helping others escape.