Chapter 215 Snowy Passage

The sudden appearance of the enormous monster startled Zhang Yi. But he quickly adjusted his mindset. After all, having experienced numerous life-and-death situations, his mentality had long been as tough as iron. Surprisingly, he found that the monster had no hostility towards him.
Just as Zhang Yi was contemplating how to deal with it, Xu Fatty and Uncle You crawled out from the snowdrift, wanting to ask Zhang Yi for some ropes to climb down.Their appearance drew the attention of the monster. Xu Fatty, upon seeing the gigantic creature, exclaimed in fear, "Wow!"Instinctively, he waved his right hand forward, activating his own ability. Snow and ice were upheaved from the ground, sweeping towards the monster!Zhang Yi immediately shouted, "Don't!"But he was too late. On the snowy terrain, Xu Fatty was in his element, launching an attack with just a thought. A blizzard surged from the ground, mixed with heavy chunks of ice, heading towards the black monster!The monster, quietly crouching in the snow, let out a chilling scream before swiftly moving across the vast expanse of white."So fast!" Zhang Yi's pupils contracted. The black monster's body was indeed enormous, but moving on the soft snow, its speed was astonishingly fast, almost like lightning!Easily dodging the ice and snow assault, it charged towards Xu Fatty!The speed of a beast was truly incomparable to that of a human. Without hesitation, Zhang Yi enveloped his entire body with his ability."Double speed!"With the boost from his spatial ability, his speed doubled, necessary to deal with the monster's attacks!Seeing the black monster closing in on Xu Fatty, Zhang Yi gripped his gun and quickly fired!"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!"The cartridges clattered as Zhang Yi didn't hold back on bullets!Though the black monster was fast, under the doubled speed ability, Zhang Yi swiftly aimed at it. Armor-piercing bullets hit its body, sparking showers of fire!Several of its tough fur strands were broken, slowing its movements, but it let out a more furious roar, seemingly not seriously injured.Zhang Yi couldn't help but gasp. These were armor-piercing bullets! Yet they only broke its fur!Seizing this moment, Uncle You rushed forward. Standing in front of Xu Fatty, his muscles bulged rapidly, his height increasing by several tens of centimeters, turning into a robust man standing two meters tall!His bronze-colored skin turned as hard as stone, then he aimed a punch at the gigantic monster!"Boom!"The punch landed squarely on the monster's face, creating a huge depression in the snowy ground beneath Uncle You's feet, with ice and snow splashing around!The monster's face twisted almost 90 degrees, its massive body staggering back a few steps."Mrow—"The monster's pupils contracted, emitting an angry roar.Zhang Yi felt certain this sound belonged to a feline. Was it a cat? Or a lion or tiger that escaped from a zoo? Either way, it was extremely dangerous! Because among animals of similar size, felines were virtually unmatched, except for mustelids.Without hesitation, Zhang Yi holstered his pistol and switched to a sniper rifle!Dealing with this creature, the power of a pistol was simply inadequate; it required a sniper rifle!Though the maneuverability of a sniper rifle wasn't as flexible as a pistol, Zhang Yi's ability allowed him to hit the target without precise aiming.In the eyes of the black monster, there were three people in front of it: Uncle You and Xu Chunlei together, and Zhang Yi alone a dozen meters away. It naturally chose to charge at Zhang Yi, deciding to take down one before dealing with the rest!Zhang Yi quickly aimed and fired."Bang!"The loud blast of the rifle, accompanied by the enhanced bullets from his ability, had even greater power!Sensing danger, the black monster swiftly evaded, but its speed was no match for the enhanced sniper rifle bullets!"Crack!"A bullet hit its cheek, shattering two rows of steel needles, blood spraying everywhere!Enraged, the black monster suddenly curled up on the snow, transforming into a large ball of steel spikes, rolling towards Zhang Yi."Damn it!"Zhang Yi didn't expect the monster to play like this!"Rumble!"The massive spike ball rolled towards Zhang Yi, cracking deep crevices in the snow.There was absolutely no way for Zhang Yi to dodge at his current speed. But he didn't need a reason to dodge."Gate of Dimension, open!"Zhang Yi directly opened a door to a parallel space in front of him.Although he was very interested in attacking, defense was his strong suit!Once inside the parallel space, regardless of what kind of creature you were, you would be bound by the static world, slowly withering until death!"Mrow—"The black monster sensed the danger.Animals were far more aware of danger than humans.The giant spike ball abruptly made a turn in the air and rushed hundreds of meters away."Damn, what a pity!"Zhang Yi almost caught the guy by a hair's breadth.He also wanted to research what the differences were between this mutated creature and mutated humans.Xu Chunlei and Uncle You quickly ran over, standing beside Zhang Yi, their gazes cautious as they stared at the black monster.Zhang Yi held up his sniper rifle, aiming it at the monster.But he didn't shoot, while the black monster let out two piercing screams that made the three of them want to cover their ears."It seems... like it's cursing?" "And it's cursing extremely foully."The expressions of the several people were speechless.The black monster didn't attack again, realizing that these three people were not easy to deal with.So, it cautiously retreated step by step, then suddenly turned and ran back.Not long after, it unexpectedly vanished into the snow."Huh? Where did it go?"Uncle You stared dumbfoundedly.Such a large monster, suddenly disappearing in front of their eyes?Xu Fatty exclaimed in astonishment, "Could it also possess spatial abilities?"Zhang Yi slowly lowered his rifle, saying, "Doesn't seem like it. If it had such abilities, it should've used them just now."Zhang Yi was very sensitive to spatial anomalies; he could feel that the fellow had already run far away.The few cautiously walked to where the black monster disappeared.Sure enough, they found a huge cave in the snow, leading deep into the snowy depths."So, there's a cave!"Uncle You said."With this thing nearby, finding people might be troublesome."Xu Fatty folded his arms, looking serious. "But if this monster has been around, there shouldn't be any survivors in the school!""Zhang Ge, is the intelligence you got really accurate?"