Chapter 246: West Mountain Sanctuary

Zhang Yi and Huahua returned home to find the living room lights on. It turned out that the commotion had woken up Zhou Ke'er and the others. Not finding Zhang Yi in his room, they had come to the living room to wait for him. After all, Zhang Yi was the backbone of the sanctuary.
Seeing everyone awake, Zhang Yi said, "It's good that you're all up. I have some tasks to assign."Curious, the four women asked, "What do you need us to do?"Zhang Yi briefly recounted the night's events. When they heard that someone had breached the sanctuary walls, their faces showed worry. Fortunately, Zhang Yi assured them that he had dealt with the intruder.Zhou Ke'er, clutching her chest, pondered, "But having two mutants appear at the same time suggests they're organized. Eliminating them might provoke retaliation."Zhang Yi replied, "There's no need to worry about that. This sanctuary is very sturdy, capable of withstanding wartime artillery barrages. Especially now, with the heavy snow, large weapons can't be used.""I dealt with the wall-breaching mutant to eliminate any chance of our sanctuary being compromised."Relieved, the women sighed. None of them were fighters; they relied entirely on Zhang Yi for their peaceful life. None of them wanted that peace disrupted, so their dependence on Zhang Yi grew stronger in times of crisis."Now, I need to assign tasks.""We might face a powerful, unknown force. We don't know their strength, so we must prepare for anything."First, Zhang Yi turned to the mechanical genius, Lu Keran. "Keran, I need you to make a large number of explosive bombs and set them around the house. Tell me what materials you need, and I'll find them."As a native of Tianhai City, Zhang Yi knew where to find the necessary materials in the city's chemical factories and labs.Lu Keran nodded firmly. "Don't worry, brother. Leave the weapons to me!"Zhang Yi then retrieved the bodies of Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang, stripping them of all electronic devices, including phones and communication equipment, and handed them to Yang Xinxin."Xinxin, I need you to gather as much information as you can about their organization."Yang Xinxin responded calmly, "Understood."Next, Zhang Yi turned to Zhou Ke'er. "Ke'er, dissect these bodies. We might discover some secrets about mutants."Zhou Ke'er nodded. "Okay, Zhang Yi gege!"With tasks assigned, only Yang Mi was left without one. She approached Zhang Yi, eyes pleading. "Zhang Yi, what about me? I want to help too."Seeing everyone else with a specialized skill, Yang Mi felt her pride wouldn't allow her to be the only one without a contribution.Zhang Yi said, "Help Ke'er and take care of the housework."Yang Mi glanced at the cold bodies on the floor and, despite her fear, agreed to prove her usefulness.After assigning tasks, Zhang Yi, feeling tired, returned to his room for a good sleep.The next morning, around nine, he woke up and instinctively checked the sanctuary's surroundings using his phone's smart system. Finding everything normal, he felt relieved. Though he had killed two mutants, likely alerting their organization, he believed they wouldn't attack unprepared. This gave him time to prepare.Zhang Yi got dressed and went downstairs to find Zhou Ke'er and Yang Xinxin waiting in the living room. They looked tired but excited. Seeing Zhang Yi, they eagerly reported their findings."Brother, Xinxin discovered important information!""Zhang Yi, I've examined the bodies. They are indeed unusual!"Zhang Yi sat beside Yang Xinxin, who held a computer, and asked what she had found.Yang Xinxin turned the computer to him. "Analyzing their devices, I found they're from an organization called West Mountain Sanctuary. It's a large place with thousands of survivors, a strict hierarchy, and a formidable armed force, including an ace special forces team of soldiers and mutants."As Zhang Yi reviewed the information, he felt wave after wave of shock. The situation was as he had suspected. West Mountain Sanctuary was likely one of the large official shelters in Tianhai City, well-stocked and heavily armed, built to protect important figures during emergencies. Though the information about their military strength was somewhat comforting—only around five hundred armed personnel—it meant there were still powerful forces outside the West Mountain organization.Zhang Yi reasoned that ordinary soldiers, even well-trained and armed, wouldn't pose a significant threat to the sanctuary. The ace special forces team, unless they had another wall-breaching mutant, wouldn't be able to breach the sanctuary's defenses."Most mutants aren't more powerful than fully armed soldiers," Zhang Yi thought. Mutants had limitations and couldn't use their abilities indefinitely. Only he had the bug-like, unlimited ability of the Dimensional Door. Even someone like Fatty Xu could be silently taken out by a trained special forces soldier."Looks like we have a fighting chance!"Zhang Yi finally smiled, realizing he had overestimated the unknown forces. Intelligence was indeed crucial—knowing your enemy was key to winning.Yang Xinxin's role as a genius hacker in his team was now more important than ever.