Chapter 229: Visitors from Xishan Base

Two flowers bloom, each expressing its own beauty.
After Zhang Yi, Yang Xinxin, and Lu Keran left Tianqing Academy, Liang Yue led the students to climb onto the snowfield. They had no idea that the Cat Demon Hua Hua had also followed Zhang Yi and Yang Xinxin. Otherwise, they would probably have obediently stayed at Tianqing Academy. After all, there were still enough supplies here to sustain them for a while. However, the unexpected happened, and they were unaware of the details.After reaching the upper layer of the snowfield, the group was forced to retreat back into the snow cave due to the chilling wind outside. Meanwhile, the class monitor, Wu Chengyu, excitedly took out his phone and called his father, Wu Jianguo, for help. When the call connected, Wu Chengyu's father's voice came through. Wu Jianguo inquired about the specific situation at Tianqing Academy and instructed them to stay put and not move, assuring them that he would arrange for rescue personnel to come over. The news exhilarated everyone."Great, we're finally saved!""We don't have to stay in this cursed place anymore!""Monitor, you're amazing as always!"Other students had also attempted to contact their families. They were all from affluent families, but besides Wu Chengyu, none of them managed to get through to their families. This left them with a very bad feeling. Could it be... that their families had all met with misfortune? The students didn't dare to entertain such bleak thoughts. The days of suffering and despair had already numbed them. If the phone calls couldn't get through, perhaps there was still a glimmer of hope left. However, Teacher Liang Yue, observing the confident Wu Chengyu among the crowd, couldn't shake off a peculiar feeling. Did Wu Chengyu's father truly have the capability to come to their rescue? If so, even if Wu Chengyu couldn't contact the outside world earlier, as a father, he would have led a team to investigate long ago, instead of waiting until now. But if Wu Jianguo didn't have the ability to rescue them, why would he agree? Liang Yue couldn't explain it clearly; she just instinctively sensed that something seemed a bit off.The group waited inside the snow cave, and after several hours had passed, they suddenly heard some commotion outside."My dad's here!"Wu Chengyu excitedly crawled out of the snow cave, followed by the other students, fearing they might be left behind if they were too slow.Liang Yue had regained some strength and stood up, climbing onto the snowfield with the help of two students. On the snowfield, there were four sleds pulled by dogs, all of them Alaskan sled dogs wrapped in standard cotton jackets. It was evident that these dogs were well-trained special breeds. Coming down from the vehicles were seven or eight people, dressed in white clothes and helmets, even their weapons were wrapped in white cloth. At first glance, they seemed indistinguishable from the snowscape, yet they exuded an aura of authority and seriousness. Liang Yue had encountered such people before; she immediately recognized them as seasoned veterans, and elite ones at that.Upon seeing Liang Yue and the group of students, the soldiers exchanged a few words among themselves, then surveyed them, nodding occasionally. Their gaze seemed to regard them as mere goods, but the excited students failed to notice.Wu Chengyu stepped forward eagerly and asked, "My dad is Wu Jianguo. Are you here to rescue us on his orders?"At that moment, a person stepped out from behind the group of soldiers dressed in white. He lifted his mask, revealing a somewhat weary face, and said excitedly to Wu Chengyu, "Xiaoyu, Xiaoyu! I'm your dad!"Wu Chengyu squinted for a moment before finally recognizing his own father! It's no wonder he didn't recognize him right away. In the past, his father, as the head of a certain bureau in Tianhai City, used to be quite plump, with a rich and prosperous appearance. But after more than a month without seeing him, his chubby face had noticeably slimmed down, almost unrecognizable!Wu Chengyu was puzzled but still very excited as he walked over and hugged Wu Jianguo. "Dad, you finally came! You have no idea what I've been through during this time."Wu Jianguo patted his son's back, saying excitedly, "As long as you're safe, that's all that matters!"Wu Chengyu was somewhat dissatisfied. "Dad, why didn't you send someone to rescue us earlier? I've suffered a lot. I almost died here!"Wu Jianguo's expression turned somewhat awkward. "Let's not talk about that for now. The important thing is that you're safe! Come with Dad."Wu Chengyu pointed to the teacher and classmates, saying, "What about my teacher and classmates?"At this moment, several soldiers in white approached.The captain asked, "I heard there are still a lot of supplies stored in your school? Please lead the way for us. We need to take all these supplies back to the base."Liang Yue frowned, feeling that something was amiss. Weren't they here to rescue people? How come, after all this time, they didn't mention anything about rescuing people and instead inquired about supplies first?Wu Chengyu eagerly said, "The supplies are under the snow layer! But, there's a mutated monster there. We dare not go over!"Upon hearing this, several soldiers discussed among themselves for a moment. The captain then said, "It's okay. If any monsters appear, we'll take care of them!""Young man, lead the way for us!"Wu Chengyu's face suddenly turned pale."I..."He didn't want to go back to that dangerous place again.The captain said, "Rest assured, we have experience dealing with mutant creatures. You don't need to worry!"Although he said so, Wu Chengyu still felt extremely anxious. After some thought, he gritted his teeth and pointed at Liang Yue."In fact, searching for supplies has always been done by our teacher, Ms. Liang. She knows better than me where the supplies are!"For the sake of his own safety, Wu Chengyu didn't hesitate to sell out Liang Yue, who had protected them for so long. Many students looked at him with disdain. Liang Yue felt a sinking feeling in her heart. But she just sighed and walked forward."I'll lead the way for you."Several soldiers came forward to confirm Liang Yue's identity before following her down.The other students came over, asking the soldiers how they would be arranged."Don't worry, you will be taken care of later."A soldier responded coldly, leaving the students feeling uneasy. They sensed that something was off, not quite like what they had imagined.After a while, two soldiers came out and said to the students, "Come help us carry some things!"The students obediently followed. Since Hua Hua had already left, there was no danger below. The soldiers directed the students to pack up all the supplies they had found and then transport them onto the snowfield.