Chapter 232 Organization

Dozens of students and teachers, including Liang Yue, were busy all day before they finally got some rest. By the end of the day, they had a rough understanding of their current situation.
They had to wake up at six every morning, spend half an hour grooming, and then participate in collective activities before they could eat. Their job was to pedal bicycles to generate electricity. Each bicycle had a data sheet to record the power generated. If they failed to meet the standard, their food ration would be reduced.No one enforced work, but the amount of work one did reflected in the amount of food they received. To meet the standard, an adult had to pedal continuously for eight hours. And mind you, those eight hours didn't include breaks or meals!Apart from eating, sleeping, and collective activities, most of their time was spent on the bicycles. Their food, without exception, was a protein paste-like substance. It was said to be a high-tech meal replacement that provided the body's required energy with minimal quantity.Rest was on a six-day rotation, but holidays had to be scheduled, which was equivalent to rotating shifts.When Liang Yue and others first arrived, those students were all pampered and couldn't adapt to such intense work and oppressive environment. Therefore, the food they received was at most half the normal amount.At night, they slept in dormitories with bunk beds for a dozen people.Electricity was scarce, and the lighting was dim. There were no entertainment facilities like televisions. Even charging their phones was time-limited to prevent wastage.At the end of the day, everyone gathered in a dormitory. They surrounded Liang Yue, crying and sobbing."Liang Teacher, why do we have to work? Why is life in the shelter so hard?""This is completely different from what we imagined!""I've been pedaling a bike all day, and my butt is about to get sore, and my thighs ache!""If we have to live like this every day in the future, I'd rather die!"Just one day, and they felt like their lives had plunged into hell.Seeing the students in great pain, Liang Yue felt a bit reluctant. But what could she do?"Nowadays, survival is already very difficult.""Did you see those people pedaling bicycles around you today? None of them had a lower social status than you used to.""I even saw several bureau chiefs from Tianhai City pedaling bikes."Liang Yue took a deep breath and sighed, "A world where everyone enjoys happiness doesn't exist!"She hoped to wake up these students and make them understand their current situation."But think about it positively, at least we can all live well now, without worrying about survival, right?"As an adult, Liang Yue could accept the current living conditions. Even from the perspective of her inner self, she didn't reject her current life. On the contrary, she felt more relaxed. After all, when she was at Tianqing Academy, she was the only one responsible for taking care of all the students, and she had to be constantly vigilant against the attacks of the demon cats. But now, after coming to the shelter, food could be obtained by their own labor. As a martial arts expert, this level of labor was nothing to her. And most importantly, she no longer had to worry about protecting the students. But those students didn't think so. In their world, getting something without working for it was taken for granted. They were high up, born winners in life. Words like work, labor, hardship... had nothing to do with them in their lifetime.A student cried out immediately, "But we are all elites! The reconstruction of the world in the future will depend on us.""We are so young, just a group of children, why should we suffer like this?""Liang Teacher, can't you think of a solution?"Liang Yue felt helpless."I... I'm just a teacher! My status and position here are no different."Seriously, even if she randomly picked someone from the power generation workshop, in the past, they would be her superior.What right did she have to speak?At this moment, the door of the room suddenly pushed open.Everyone immediately closed their mouths and looked cautiously outside.Wu Chengyu walked in desolately.He wrapped himself tightly in his clothes, even the collar was raised, covering his neck.When people saw Wu Chengyu, hope flickered in their eyes, and they left Liang Yue and crowded around him."Wu Chengyu, you're finally back!""Is your dad a leader in the base now? Can you take care of us so we don't have to work here anymore?""Even if we work in the office, it's fine. I can be a clerk!"Wu Chengyu looked at his classmates and said coldly, "Stop dreaming. After coming to this place, everyone will have their own tasks. According to your social status, you can only pedal generators here."Wu Chengyu bypassed the crowd and came to Liang Yue."Liang Teacher."Liang Yue nodded, "Wu Chengyu, where did you go?"A touch of pain flashed in Wu Chengyu's eyes, "I went around the base with my dad. Now I have a rough understanding of the situation in Xishan Base."Someone nearby moved a chair hospitably, "Monitor, have a seat!"Wu Chengyu hurriedly waved his hand, "No, I won't sit.""Don't be polite! Everyone is counting on you now!""No need!"Wu Chengyu gritted his teeth and said, his buttocks involuntarily clenching. Just thinking about what that old woman did to him made his heart bleed.His classmates were scared by Wu Chengyu's attitude."I... I just want you to sit down and rest for a while."Wu Chengyu lowered his head and came to the bed, carefully placing half of his buttocks on the mattress."Liang Teacher, we can only rely on you in the future!"He stared at Liang Yue and said.

Liang Yue pondered for a moment and roughly understood Wu Chengyu's meaning. If their old social statuses were completely irrelevant now, then in this apocalypse, power would determine one's status!

Liang Yue herself was a martial arts expert, and she had awakened abilities. In the future, she would surely be valued in the base. She asked Wu Chengyu lightly, "Do you know the current situation of Xishan Base?"Wu Chengyu nodded and told everyone the information he had obtained from Wu Jianguo.The Xishan Organization now held the highest power, led by Chen Xinian, a former high-ranking official who once controlled the armed forces of Tianhai City. There were no ordinary people within the Xishan Organization. Even people like Wu Chengyu's father, Wu Jianguo, held a relatively low status here. In addition to these high-ranking figures, there were also many technical talents, such as top doctors and experts in the scientific field. There was also a huge collective force, which was the armed forces defending the Xishan Organization. There were over a thousand soldiers in the entire Xishan Base, all elite warriors. Whether in personal combat skills or weapon equipment, they were the best in Tianhai City. The living conditions of these soldiers were second only to the second level, and they could be said to be worry-free in their daily necessities.Then there was the fourth level of life warehouse, where Liang Yue and others were currently located. These people couldn't provide much value to the base and could only contribute manual labor, generating electricity for the base or engaging in some of the most basic tasks. The characteristic of this level of life warehouse was extremely low living standards, only enough to maintain basic survival. Whether it was supplies, energy, or entertainment, they were pitifully scarce."And the residents of the fourth-level life warehouse make up the majority of the entire Xishan Organization," Wu Chengyu said. "But don't even think about rebelling. The third-level guards are stationed between us and the first and second levels. With our strength, we can't possibly resist those well-equipped soldiers!"Wu Chengyu deliberately reminded his classmates like this. Because he himself knew clearly that these pampered classmates would never willingly become laborers and would try to plan rebellions. When the students learned that there were thousands of elite soldiers stationed outside their living area, they were completely despairing."So you mean we can only toil away here for the rest of our lives?""I don't want to! I'd rather die than stay here!"Several girls sobbed, holding their heads. They had never worked a day in their lives and had no idea what labor was. After just one busy day, the soft flesh on the inside of their thighs was rubbed raw. And this situation would be their daily routine in the future.Other people were also on the verge of tears, with faces full of sadness and despair.Wu Chengyu closed his eyes and said coldly, "Do you know why they agreed to let so many of us come to the Xishan Base?""It's to replenish the labor force they had previously depleted.""Many people, like you, couldn't accept this reality and chose to commit suicide.""They don't care about our lives. If necessary, they can even go out and capture other survivors to fill the labor force."Suddenly, a boy grabbed Wu Chengyu, his face twisted in anger as he shouted, "It's all your fault! If you hadn't exposed our location, how could we have ended up in this damn place?"Wu Chengyu just looked at him coldly, "Would you not have died if you had stayed at Tianqing Academy?"The boy was speechless for a moment. Freedom or life, it was a difficult choice.Wu Chengyu pushed away the boy and then looked at Liang Yue, who had been silent all along."Liang Teacher, if we want to change our situation, we can only rely on you!""You are extraordinary. In this Xishan Base, extraordinary people can have privileges.""Teacher, please help us!"