• Oblivious •

- Oblivious -

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

NOW PLAYING: Always Forever by Cults

♫ You and me always forever
We can stay alone together
You and me always forever
Say you'll stay, never be severed
You know you've got me in your pocket
You don't just have to wait around
You know I keep you in my locket
Just come here and we can settle down
You and me always forever
We can stay alone together. ♫

THE GLISTENING fire crackled and popped every minute or so.  Each member of the group held thin sticks they found on the ground just a few minutes prior with small marshmallows on the end. All faces illuminating from the bright fire in front of them casting a soft glow.

It was a cold night tonight as to why they have this fire going. It's been getting extremely cold theses past few weeks which began to make the group worry. When they got here it was hot and sunny but now it was cold and gloomy. How long have they been here exactly?

Darius being too deep in his thoughts didn't even realise his marshmallow began to burn until he felt a soft touch on his shoulder. Already knowing who that person was a small smile formed on his lips as he turned his head to the side to face the boy. "Your marshmallow is burning" Ben uttered motioning towards his now burnt marshmallow. Quickly Darius pulled the stick back towards him and away from the brightly burning fire.

"Ah, sorry" Darius awkwardly apologised having a sheepish smile plastered over his face now looking away from his friend being too embarrassed to look at him. A soft laugh emitted from Ben's pink lips making the others heart skip a few beats. One thing about Ben that Darius will never get tired of is his laugh. His laugh is so sweet and pure he can't help but love it and replay it in his head over and over again when he misses him.

"Don't apologise silly" Ben playfully slapped his shoulder but making sure it's not hard enough to hurt the boy. Ben's smile glistened with the brewing fire in front of them. His eyes glowed brightly just like the sun on a hot summers day. Not even realising Darius was spaced out once more until Ben poked his side with eyebrows raised.

"Huh, what?" The confused look on the males face only made Ben laugh even more complete breaking Darius free from whatever trance he was in just now. Darius looked around confused on why Ben was suddenly laughing. He saw the rest of the group staring at the two of them with knowing smiles on their faces making him even more embarrassed. 

"What's with you tonight?" Ben paused looking at his marshmallow then towards the other lads very burnt marshmallow. "Here. I don't want mine" Ben pushed his marshmallow stick in front of Darius waiting for him to take it out of his hand. After a few seconds of the two just staring at each other Ben rolled his eyes playfully and then grabbed both of Darius' hands.

Instantly Darius looked down at his hands seeing Ben now holding them. His heart began to hammer in his chest loudly to the point he swore the rest of the group could hear it. His face began to glow bright red which wasn't that easy to hide because of the fire yet he still tried. He was confused on why this was happening to him. For the past few months it seems like every time Ben shows affection towards him his heart begins to speed up. He's never felt this way towards anyone so why now? Why Ben?