• Hold me tonight •

- Hold me tonight -

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

NOW PLAYING: Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby by Cigarettes After Sex

  Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby
Nothing's gonna take you from my side
When we laugh into the microphone and sing
With our sunglasses on to our favourite songs
When we're laughing into the microphone and singing
With our sunglasses on to our favourite songs
And nothing's gonna hurt you, baby
Nothing's gonna take you from my side 

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ DARIUS SHOT up from his bed placing a hand over his sharply beating heart. Little droplets of sweat dripped down his forehead as his breathing started to become erratic. He tried to calm himself down by closing his eyes and counting down from ten like he always used to do. This often helped him when the boy was under a lot of stress and didn't know how else to deal with it. But this time
it didn't work.

Every time Darius closed his eyes all he could picture was his father's dying face. The moment his heart monitor stopped beating indicating that he was gone. The doctors did everything in their power to help him, to bring him back to life. Darius knew this, he knew this very well but couldn't help but feel a growing anger towards the nurses and doctors for not saving his father.

He was meant to come on this trip with him but he couldn't make it. He was sick. Darius knew just how much his father was but still had hope he would be okay, that he would survive so they could go to Jurassic world together. That hope soon died down the night he saw his father pass away while holding onto his hand. Darius could still feel his hold hand entangled with his, squeezing it every few seconds before he passed away.

Without even knowing it Darius had started to cry. A single tear turned to a whole waterfall of tears that soon streamed down his face continuously. He held his face in the palms of his hands as he sobbed quietly into them trying his best to keep as quiet as possible. Ben was sleeping next to him and he didn't want the other to worry about him.

Ben knew how Darius sometimes struggled with sleeping but didn't know why. He never asked due to thinking Darius didn't feel comfortable speaking about it. The rest of the campers haven't took any notice of the other's constant tired state or they just don't care to ask enough to ask. Ben often found Darius drifting off in between the mornings and afternoons. Frankly he can't even remember that last time he saw the lad actually sleeping.

Darius now very much struggling to keep his sobs at bay he quickly rushed out of the small tent and out into the nightly breeze. He saw Yaz sitting against the tree keeping watch as it was her turn to do so. Darius would often take most of the shifts already knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep any how. Unfortunately this time when he volunteered to keep watch Yaz disagreed with him and
took it instead.

Swiftly as to not throw any suspicion his wiped away all the tears that fell from his eyes and started walking up to Yaz. He could tell the girl was tired so it wouldn't be as hard to convince her to let him keep watch for the remaining hours of the night.

Hearing the low creeks of the wooden floor Yaz turned her head around to see who it was. Unsurprisingly it was Darius who she was. She then stood up from her spot on the floor and began to walk towards Darius with her arms crossed over her chest. It was quite cold this night.