Fifteen

Isabelle Oliver

Isabelle Oliver

"I wasn't eavesdropping, I promise." I hold up my hands in surrender. Roman looks down on me, amusement on his face

"You weren't, baby?" He asked me, it was clear he was finding this funny and I was just glad he wasn't mad.

I shake my head quickly. "Nu-uh. I just wanted water."

I hold out the green water bottle trying to prove my innocence. With a soft smile, Roman takes my bottle from me. "Go upstairs and start brushing your teeth, I'll come with your water bottle."

"Thank you," I turn on my heels and head quickly up the stairs, passing Theo's room. I open the door seeing him already under his duvet, his laptop on his stomach as he scrolls through something.

"I thought I already put you to bed?" He glances lazily at me, staring at me for an answer.

"I needed water but I heard Jude telling the others how he knows you." If Theo had it his way I know that would have never come out, not because he didn't want them to know he saw Theo but because it came with a whole other story that I doubted he would unpack, that trip was a disaster not only for Theo but for me as well.

That trip to Florida was my last ever cross-country meet.

"Don't get into your head, Isabelle," Theo warns me, knowing my bad habit. "It'll all be okay, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I whisper softly to my older brother, Theo looks at me sadly.

"Come here." I walk next to his bed and Theo pulls me into a hug. "Go to bed, cub."

I sigh dramatically. "Okay, Teddy." I stand up and move off his bed. "Love you."

"Love you more, now go to bed, tomorrow is going to be busy."

I immediately perk up at the reminder of my first horse riding lesson, Maddox had promised me he would take me tomorrow and Theo said he would be there, though he told me we might go a little later since he wanted to go to the rink first, I didn't mind, I had spent so much time at the rink I was almost as good as Theo was.

But not as good as him, no one was better on the ice than Theo was.

I was tempted to leave Theo's door open to annoy him but I felt like being nice for a change, I met Roman in the hallway and it looked like he was waiting for me.

"There you are," I smile up at Roman and he looks at me a little confused but ultimately smiles back at me. "After you, little miss."

I walk ahead of Roman up the stairs to where our bedrooms were. "Are you coming ice skating with us tomorrow?"

"You're going ice skating with Theo, Noah and Jude?"

I hum in response, opening my bedroom door, Roman follows me in, placing my water bottle on the table next to my bed. I climbed into my bed and Roman sat on the edge of my bed.