Epilogue

10 Years Later

I stood on the back porch of our house watching my two little girls run around the back yard. Their laughter filled the air as Titus shifted into his wolf and allowed them to climb onto his back. A smile blossomed on my face. It had taken Titus and me almost four years to complete the mating ritual. Not because I didn't want to, but because the Council had sent him overseas to help with some pack trading.

But the wait had been worth it I thought as I gazed lovingly at my small family. Our girls, Ellen and Eloise, were a surprise and we cherished them dearly. Last year King Winters had stepped down and gave the title to his oldest son, who I had to admit was doing a great job. After the fight with his brother, Wayne wasn't the same.

I knew it hurt him deeply that he had been the one who had to stop him. But he had to do what he had to for the sake of his family, his pack and his kingdom. My old pack territory now belonged to a young pack. When the king first mentioned selling the land, I was against it because of what had happened there. But as I thought it over, I knew that I had to let it go. There was no point dwelling on the past.

Suddenly the pup growing in me kicked and I placed my hand on my stomach. I hadn't started showing just yet, and Titus still hadn't figured it out. I was only going to give him two more days before I told him of the news. He would finally be getting the son I knew he longed for. As my eyes once again returned to my mate and pups, I thanked the Moon Goddess for the family she had given me.

Ringing the small bell beside me, I watched asthe three of them raced towards the house, laughing. Pointing to the bowls offresh water behind me, they washed up before we headed into the house to eat.Life couldn't get any better than this for me, I knew. And I was happy.