Chapter 2

April 15th 6:30am

"Girl, you the one I want to want me! If if you want me! Then girl you got-"

I shut off my alarm. I slowly got out of bed and put on a grey sweater with a black heart on it. I put on a pair of black jeans and slipped on my grey vans. I went to the bathroom and quickly brushed my hair and teeth. I left my hair curly and put on very little makeup. I grabbed my backpack and dance bag, and headed downstairs.

"Morning." I smiled as I walked into the kitchen and setting my bags down.

"Hey pumpkin. Your mom said to your check email." Dad said as he typed away at his computer. I grabbed my phone and opened the email app. I kept scrolling to the top so it would load faster. When it finally loaded, I saw I had an email forwarded from mom originally from jenifers@audc.com. I quickly opened it.

Hi!
I'm Jennifer Smith, and I work for Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. We are so glad that you will be joining us for out competition this season! It will be hard, but will be worth it! All of your travel, and hotel fees, will be covered by us. So anything from the hotel(except gift shop) is included, and your flight is included. We will provide a car service for everyone so you will not need to worry about gas. As the letter read, you need to be here on April 23rd. We need you here by 7:00am. Because you live in Florida, we have scheduled your flight for April 22nd 8:00pm. This way, you can get some rest before since you have one of the longer flights. Rules and contracts are attached. Please have you and Madison sign these.
Thanks so much!
-Jennifer Smith

I smiled and grabbed a banana. I quickly ate it and grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

"So are you excited for your last day for awhile?" Dad asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well it's April 15th. Friday. You have winter break, and you're leaving like 1 day before winter break ends. So you won't be at school for a while." He explained

"Well only if I make it." I answered taking a sip of water.

"Madison, you'll make it. Don't psych yourself out." Dad kissed my head. I smiled weakly and looked at the time. 7:15

"I gotta go! Love you!" I kissed his cheek. "Bye mom!" I yelled through the house. I didn't know where she was.

"Bye sweetie!" I heard her say as she came into the kitchen. I hugged her and left.

I walked down the slightly snowy sidewalk until I reached Riley's house.
Madison🍩: outside
Riles🌸💕: kk be out in a sec

"Hey girl!" I hugged my best friend as she came down her driveway.

"Hey! So tell me about the audition!" She smiled and we started walking to Nick's house. I started to pick my nails. This was the moment I realized I would have to tell my best friend I wouldn't be here for a while. Well hopefully.

"Yeah. Um so I leave April 22nd at 8:00pm. And the audition is in LA, on the 23rd. If I make it through, I stay. And I stay until I get eliminated. If I stay till the very end, I stay there until June 23rd." I explained.

"That's great." Riley weakly smiled.

"I can probably call and text you all the time." I reassured her.

"So today's your last day?" She asked with tears in her eyes. I nodded and hugged her. A tear slipped from her eye and mine as well. I looked up and we were in front of Nick's house.
Madison🐮: outside
Nick🐸: k
Nick quickly appeared and hugged me. I hugged him back.