Chapter 37

The next morning Brianna and I sat at our usual breakfast table.

"How are you feeling today?" She asked me, referencing my terrible mood yesterday. I thought back to last night, and realized she hadn't seen her family yet and I didn't want to ruin the surprise.

"Um I'm feeling better. Got some sleep, called Kyle and Mariah, listened to my song a few times." I made up some excuses.

"Good, I'm glad you're not in that mood anymore. Mad Madison is not an enjoyable Madison." She laughed. I laughed along and apologized as we headed into our trio rehearsal.

"Do you like your solo?" I asked Brianna as we stretched.

"Yeah it's interesting, lots of fast transitions but it's one of my strengths so I'm excited. Do you like yours?" She asked while changing her shoes.

"Yeah, it's really emotional and I'm just nervous about being able to show I have a personality." I glanced towards Kristie and Asia. We started running our trio by ourselves as Abby and Kevin came down the stairs. We all looked at each other and lined up.

"Alright girls we were talking it over and we don't think you guys have enough going on this week." Kevin started.

"That's why we are adding a group number." Abby smiled mischievously. I looked at Brianna while the camera crew asked them to start over so they could get a different shot.

"What's the difference between that and the trio?" I whispered to her. She shrugged and Asia looked up at me.

"There's only three of us, so is there just another trio?"

"I hope not!" Brianna laughed. The producers asked for Kevin to proceed with the announcement.

"Since there are only three of you, we needed some guests for the group number. Would you guys like to meet the guests?" Kevin asked us. I looked at Brianna with wide eyes.

"Yes." We all answered anxiously.

"Alright. Come on down!" Abby called up the stairs. We heard footsteps and see a massive group of kids running toward us, and the first person I see is Zack. All three of us run to greet our friends. Zack runs down the steps and I run into his arms and hug him so tight. He wraps his arms around me and I couldn't stop smiling.

"You made it. I knew you would." He says into my hair.

"I missed you so much." I say into his chest. I let go of him and see Jordyn, Amanda, and Hadley all hugging Brianna. I run over to them and hug each one of them.

"Oh my god I knew you would make it!" Jordyn jumped into my arms and Amanda hugged me.

"We all knew you would!" Hadley smiled, giving me a hug. Elisabeth came over and gave me a hug and then ran to say hello to everyone else. Lexine ran up to us and hugged Brianna and me. The moms came down and hugged our moms.

"Alright kids, line up." Abby called. We all got into a line, and Zack stood next to me. "I want to remind the finalists, that you will be judged on this number. Your friends are just performing. " Abby reminded us.

"Your choreographer is Gina Starbuck." Kevin told us. We all clapped as Gina walked in, and the returning dancers quickly changed into their dance clothes. I ran over to Ms. Gina to say hello.

"Hi sweetheart!" She wrapped me in a hug. "He was so excited when we got the call, and was certain you made it, but we didn't know who made it until about three minutes ago." She explained to me and my mom.

"I'm so glad they did this. The girls really needed to see their friends, the room feels so much lighter." Kris interjected with a warm smile.

"Can I see my finalists?" Gina asked as everyone started to file in. Asia, Brianna and I quickly walked over to her. "Okay, so you're being judged on this, meaning it's another number to learn, and to perfect. You'll have trio rehearsal later today during your second solo rehearsal. So today will go group, solo, trio, lunch, solo, trio, dinner, solo, group instead of flipping between trio and solo. It's a super fun number, super high energy, very contemporary with some hip hop, a few tricks, so all your classes that you took are coming into play. Let's line up!" Gina explained, and called everyone over. We started learning the choreography for this dance and I really liked it, I had a few special solo turn sequences, and Asia and Brianna had their solo moments as well.