Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ava woke up that morning wondering whether she had been dreaming about the vampire that had been sitting at the end of her bed. A rustle next to her confirmed she had not been dreaming, and that vampire was asleep next to her. She glanced over at him and blushed, he was gorgeous, and as he slept that vicious look, he wore like a mask was gone.

“You’re staring,” he muttered as he opened his eyes, his jade green eyes pierced through her.

Ava immediately looked away a blush creeping onto her face at the realisation that he knew she had been watching him sleep. She had no idea how he had come to end up in her bed, but she was just glad she did not give into the uncontrollable urge to have sex with him.

“Are you going to explain what you meant last night?” she asked eyeing him warily.

Caelan shifted onto his side and looked at her flashing her a smile, “I want you to work your way into the cure. I want to know what they are up to, and do not worry I will not ever be far away. No harm will come to you I swear it.” He meant it, if any of them so much as looked at her in the wrong way he would kill them slowly and painfully.

“What’s in it for me?” she asked curiously.

Caelan sat upright and smiled again, “You get to become what I am, and you’ll live forever. At my side.”

Ava narrowed her eyes at his assumption that she would want to become a vampire, and more to the point is with him in some sort of relationship. She was through with men, human, and vampire. She slid out of the bed and walked across the room to the closet shaking her head.

“Whatever would make you think I would want that?” she asked as she pulled some jeans and a t-shirt from the closet and closed the door turning to face him.

Her breath caught in her throat at the sight of him shirtless, he was all muscle, broad and tattooed. She stayed where she was as he got out of the bed and blushed even more when she realised he was completely naked. Her eyes followed the tattoos that twisted over his strong shoulders, weaved down over a firm chest, across his ribs, and ended at his hips.

“Oh my...” she whispered slapping a hand over her eyes to save her blushes.

Caelan’s deep laugh resounded around the small bedroom and when she heard a rustle and a zipper, she moved her hands and was thankful to see him fully clothed again. She backed away as he stalked across the room towards her, his tight stomach muscles rippling underneath the tight black t-shirt he was wearing.

“I have to stay here until dusk, I can’t go out there,” he said pointing to the window that was covered with heavy drapes blocking the morning sun from the room. Ava nodded in understanding and then realised that meant she was going to have to spend the entire day with him.

“And the answer to your question is you have two choices, the first being what I proposed and the second is that I kill you, the latter would be unfortunate, but if I have to I will.” He warned as she backed up against the closet door.

Ava’s eyes darted to the door that was across the room, she had no chance of escaping, she had already tried to run from him once, and that had not ended well for her. She slumped against the door and glared at him, she was pretty much in the shit whatever the decision she made. She blinked as he disappeared from in front of her and reappeared across the room in front of the door.

“Go and close all of the curtains,” he ordered as he opened the door for her.

Ava did not hesitate as she dropped the clothes she was holding and rushed past him, but he grabbed her arm before she could get out of the room and pushed her against the wall. She shuddered as he pressed his hard body into her and took a deep breath, breathing in her scent.

“It really would be a shame to kill you, I could get used to that smell,” he said his voice teasing her.

Ava pushed her hands against the solid wall of his chest and tried to push him away from, but as she suspected he did not budge. The chuckle that rose in his chest only angered her more, he was amused by her, and he was treating her as though she was his plaything. The chuckle was replaced by a growl and Ava shook in fear as she looked into his furious eyes.

“Is that what you think? You think I want a toy?” he asked growing more annoyed when she started to cry. He groaned and backed away from her not wanting to scare her anymore, he had no idea what to do with a crying woman.

“I just want things to go back to how they were,” she sobbed, letting it all go. It was too much for her to deal with, vampires, conspiracy theories, and an ex-husband who was a fake.

Caelan shook his head and sat back on the bed, “You want to go back to how things were before. You want to go back to being unhappy, bored, tired of life. You want to go back to not knowing where your life is going?” there was no teasing in his voice this time, he was serious and she wiped the tears away because he was right.

“I don’t know what I want,” she whispered.

Caelan lay back down on the bed and sighed, he should not have been there, he should have just killed her, but he could not. He wanted her, he wanted her badly. He glanced over at her; she looked terrified as she stood by the door, tears streaming down her pale cheeks. He appeared in front of her and wiped her tears away with his thumb.

“What’s that smell?” she asked sniffing the air then leaning towards him as she realised the strong masculine smell was coming from him.

Caelan recoiled in horror, and backed away from her. He wanted to scent her, his body wanted to make her his. Now there was no way he could kill her, he had to turn her, he was already bonding to her.  He had seen other vampires who bonded to women and they pissed him off, they could not tear themselves away from their women and god help anyone who went within a mile of her, it was a bloodbath. That was never in his game plan, he had never wanted to take a mate. Never.

“Its cologne,” he lied, hoping she would believe him.

Ava frowned, she wondered why she had not smelled it until now, but decided against questioning him, he seemed tense, and she did not want to agitate him further.

“If I agree to what you want, then at least allow me to have one night of freedom,” she asked quietly, she avoided his eyes.

Caelan tilted his head to the side curiously, “That depends on what you mean?” he growled.

The longer he spent around her, the deeper the bond was becoming and he had the irrational urge to mark her right now. She had not even told him what it was she wanted to do but he was already against the idea.

“I want to go out tonight, just one night then I’ll do what you want,” she said regarding him suspiciously, he seemed annoyed by her request, almost jealous.

Caelan’s piercing green eyes glowed with his rising temper; he did not like the sound of that request, not one bit. He was going to agree to it though, because he was going to be there, he would stay where she could not see him.

“Fine,” he said turning his head away so she could not see the anger behind his eyes.

Ava fumbled around for the door handle behind her, but Caelan opened it for her and let her leave the room. He needed her away from him for a while, or he was going to turn her before she wanted him to.

“Shit!” he hissed, this was not good. He had no interest in mates, he never had. He had not even had sex since... he could not even remember the last time, or who it was with. It could not have been that good if he could not remember it, he told himself as he looked towards the door. It was a damn good job the sun was flooding into the house downstairs or he might have taken her, the urge to have sex with her was nearly as bad as the urge to mark her. The poor girl was not going to know what had hit her when he finally got his hands on her.