6

"Brother?" I exclaimed.

"Renata!" He shouted and hugged me flying me in the air, the breeze I felt on my bare feet made me have chills.

"Close the door now would you" I commanded my brother. "Isn't Edgar here to do so?" He looked at me with a smirk and then cracked up laughing. I laughed with him as we walked to the study.

I served some tea as he sat down in the sofa near the bookshelves, it was Summerberry tea, his favorite. He took his gloves and boots off, and set his hat in the coffee table. I lend him the tea an plopped myself down besides him.

"So, my neighbor is inviting me over to his house for diner, he is the new rich I told you about" I say and took a sip of my tea.

Alex moved around to find a comfortable position and then looked at me "The guy who was trying to gossip into our conversation?" he asked raising his thick eyebrow; I nodded.

"I don't know darling, I am not too keen into the idea. He sounds like an idiot and I really wouldn't like to waste my precious time in that house" he affirmed filling his face with disgust.

"Boomer" I replied closing my eyes.

We sat in silence for some minutes, in those "some minutes" we finished the whole tea, I broke a cup of my china set, Alex smoked four cigarettes, and we heard the whole afternoon news in the radio. The afternoon was passing faster than lightning and I knew this day will be finished soon, and that I have to go to Harry's house and contemplate how he tries to get his hand under my dress while eating.

"I will not go Renata. That will fuck up everything" Alex said finishing his fifth cigarette. I stared into space nodding because he was right, everything will go to waste.

The thing about Alexander Gatsby, my older brother, is that he is mysterious, introvert, had the worst temper of them all, and the best liar. Plus, that didn't helped with his sassy and know-it-all persona; he is really not the person you will like to get in trouble with.

"But, what if you fake a name, he doesn't have to know who you are to me and what is my real relationship with you. Brother, you are the best liar I know and I want you to meet this person that is oh so special in my daily life. Make up a story would you? You have always been good at it since the day you lied about being aunt Emma's date for the tea party in Buckingham, everyone thought you were the minister of the US" I laughed at the last part, remembering my 17 year young brother playing with a suit founded in the basement of the old cottage. I stood up and walked around thinking about names, a background, an age.

"Michael Essex, my age, obviously. Work as business man in Queens, not that important. I can also say that I met you in a cafe and that we talked about stocks and stuff" I said drifting away afterwards.

He gave one last look at my direction and nodded his head, than he watches his watch and stood up. "It is time for lunch"

~~

"Good evening Miss Gatsby, Lord Styles is waiting for you in the drawing room" Harry's butler informs me and I can here Alex chuckling behind me.

As we walked away from the main entrance and were guided to the room where Harry was expecting us Alex said under a whisper "Now, who the hell calls someone Lord, we are not in England, that man isn't British at all and it is so last century" I just giggled at that.

"Hello my dear Rena-" Edward expressed as we walked inside the room, cutting himself at the presence of Alex.

"Oh, I didn't know Renata was bringing some company" he walked closer and extended his hand for Alex to take "Harry Edward Styles"