Chapter 8: The Innocent Temptation

Caroline's POV

"Imnotgonnasleepwithyou" I screamt so fast that I know he did'nt understand as I could say by his confused face.

"What?!" He asked.

"By your conditions if you mean that I have to sleep with you, then forget about it. I better be jobless!" I said trying to calm myself.

He smirked. That asshole! "Well you've already done that!"

"Yes! The worst experience and my biggest mistake" I said rolling my eyes. But somewhere inside, I know what I said was a complete lie.

He looked angry but threw some papers on the table towards me. "Sign them" he said.

"What are these?" I asked out of curiosity.

"That's a contract, you'll be working here for a year. And we can extend it based on your 'skills'" he said with extra pressure on skills.

I narrowed my eyes at him, I know what that asshole meant.
"Fine! I'll go through the contract first-" I was about to say, but he cut me off.

"There's no need for that. I've already gone through them. And these also include the company rules and all such stuff which everyone working in this company has also signed. Oh and it has all those conditions. Just the usual" he said.

"Oh okay." I said and signed those papers and gave it back to him.

He had a mischievous smile on his face. And I hate it.

"From when should I be here for work?" I asked

"Tomorrow. And be early. Since it'll be your first day there won't be much work. And about the timings and salary I'll inform you tomorrow. You don't have to worry about the salary, I pay my employees very well. So be here tomorrow. I just don't want to give you all the shock in a single day" he mumbled the last sentence to himself but I heard it anyways.

I raised my eyebrows at him, but soon he changed the topic.

"Oh and about the apartment. Be here on time. And I'll send my men to your house for helping with the shifting." He said.

"Okay. Can I leave then?" I asked.

"No wait. Even I'm leaving, we can go together. Just sit there on the couch and give me few minutes." He ORDERED.

"No. I'll call for a cab..." I trailed off as I saw him glaring at me. So I silently went and sat on the couch.

Few minutes my ass! It's already 7 in the evening- "Ready? Shall we leave?" he asked bringing me out of my thoughts. Finally!

"Yea.." I said and followed behind him. He opened every door for me. His office door, his car door. That's sweet of him. I mean tooo gentlemanly type. But I don't like when men do that for me. But it's ok. Atleast he's not being arrogant or ordering me around.

As I sat inside the car, he went around the car and said something to the driver and climbed in. He turned towards me and smiled. Strange. I thought and frowned at him.

"What?" He asked seeing my frown.

"Your smiling" I said.

"So?" He asked.

"Nothing. You never smile. I mean I have'nt seen you smiling. A mischievous one? Yes. But never a genuine smile." He looked taken aback and nodded but did'nt say anything.

I was completely lost in my thoughts. And when I finally looked out I saw that it was'nt the way to my house. 'Is he taking me to his place' I thought. But I know that it's not the way. I mean I don't remember but I know it's not the way. 'Is he kidnapping me?' I thought. Or murder or rape!
Here goes my weird cheap thoughts!