Chapter 15

Hello everyone, new chapter! :) I need 7 votes this time! :D And I'd like to dedicate this chapter to cheeky_panda because I see her comments all the time, and the others I see comment already have a dedication. <3

*************************************************************************************************

Chapter 15

Lacie’s POV

Someone rang the bell and I went to open it.

„You’re still not dressed up, girl?” it was Emma. I looked down at my clothes and had no idea what she was talking about.

„You got the letter, haven’t you?” she asked again.

Oh, that.

It was a letter from Liam. When I first looked at it I was so flustered I had no idea if I should read it or throw it away at once. I wasn’t angry at him, no. I was too sad to be angry. I was just scared. I thought he’d gone away forever and finally leave me alone, then he came with a letter. I had no idea what he could’ve written there.

After looking at the plain letter for a while, I decided to open it. I thought about every bad thing that could be written there. I was surprised to only see a few lines on a sheet of paper. There was something else in the letter, but I read the paper first.

Please come to our concert in Bornemout, July 10th 8pm. I want to see you there.

Fameboy

I smiled as I read the letter. I called him fameboy once, when I was angrier at the world. He was fameboy, I was twitter girl. Because he was so famous and just got everything he wanted and didn’t have a care in the world.

I wondered how long it took him write this. One half of me said he probably just scribbled something down something to write, the other half said he only wrote so few because he didn’t know how to use the words right then.

I looked at the other thing in the letter and my breath caught in my thought. It was a ticket to their concert. So he thought of me not having enough money too. Then I can’t say that excuse. But why did I actually want to say excuses? Was I scared? Angry? Didn’t I love him anyomore? I decided I was mostly scared. What did he really want from me? What made him change his mind?

Then I thought I should really go, because after all, he bought me a ticket and everything.

I made up all sorts of excuses to tell myself I can’t go. It was the day now. And I stood here infront of Emma, staring at her mouth slightly open, not sure what to do or say at her question.

„I haven’t got a nice dress to go in...” I finally said.

„Oh, dear Lord, if that’s all!” Emma threw up her arms.” I brought you quite a dazzling dress – not too simple, just right I must say, and... you can borrow my car to go.” she smiled and walked in but I just stood in the door looking down at my feet.

„Well, what’s wrong now?” she asked.

„Do you really think I should go?” I asked afraid.

„Of course, why shouldn’t you?” she asked surprised.” He bought you a ticket, what would you do with it now?”

„I-I don’t know...” I stammered.” I don’t think I should go... he probably doesn’t mean it... he only wrote a few sentences, what if... I don’t know...” I felt really helpless.

Emma came to me sighing and put her hand on my shoulder.

„I know you have already gone through a lot and you don’t want to be hurt again... but it’s been a great step from him to send you this letter and a ticket. After all... he has been hurt too, and he can’t be so sure that you’re the one either...” she told me. All that was true. Still, I felt like I was torn apart to many pieces and was too tired of my life already, and just wanted to push away every bad thing from my life to finally leave me alone.

„You can’t give up!” Emma said.” You must always try to fight against the bad in this world! Don’t you remember what it was like to be a little child? Children are so innocent and believe fairytales and try to be like the heroes in them... and do you know what the secret of those stories are? That good always wins over bad and that the heros never give up. And they are all true stories. They tell the truth of how good wins over bad... always, if the hero doesn’t give up” Emma said and I looked into her eyes, tears forming in my eye.

„Then how could my aunt die? How could my mum not get a job and become... this? How come Lily became Liam’s girlfiend, not me? I don’t believe this...” I said tearing up.

„You must believe, sweetie!”

„My aunt believed too and she died!” I shouted.

„And how do you know it was the worst for her?” that question surprised me.” Maybe it was better for her to die and get to Heaven than see all this bad that your father has done, and many worse things could’ve happened to her.”

„Then she left me alone!” I said.

„No... she left you here, because she thought you were a brave girl and will be strong enough to wait until things turn right. Maybe the turn is that you met Liam. Maybe it will turn out good after all... you must always try...” she said.

I sniffed a little then smiled.

„Lets see that dress...” I said.

„That’s my Lacie!” Emma laughed and took out a pretty dress she just bought. I actually really liked it. It was just fine for a concert. It wasn’t like a ball dress, it was just a simple blue dress, that looked good with my eyes. Emma then curled my wavy blonde hair, and when I looked in the mirror I really felt pretty.

My godmother came. But this time she didn’t bring a ball gown and pumpkin, but a dress and car.