xii

Ashton was in the middle of a meeting when he got a video clip from Luke. His eyebrows furrowed together as he shoved his phone back into his pocket. His eyes glanced over to Calum, he was obviously staring at his phone, in no way to hide it. Ashton rolled his eyes before pushing his curly hair back, running his long fingers through his curly locks. They still had awhile till the meeting was over. Ashton was tuning it out, since he'd probably have it repeated to him a million times afterwards. His way to pass the time was rethinking everything that had happened the night before he left. He had let go of what he did. It was in the past, he couldn't change it.

+

As the meeting let out, Calum sauntered his way over to Ashton's chair, since Ashton was looking quiet intensely at his phone. Ashton's head perked up at the feeling of Calum's chin on his head. He locked his phone and bit down on his lower lip.

"What's up, kiddo?" Calum mumbled and removed his chin, looking down at Ashton.

Ashton let out a chuckle at the name he'd been called, "Nothing much, got a text from Luke. With an attached video, I was about to watch it until a certain someone walked his a ss over here."

Calum gave a short nod, "Maybe you should wait till later," Calum had heard from Michael who was told by Luke what the video was about and Calum didn't really want to be around to hear Ashton tell Luke how hard he was going to punish him when he got back, "let's go grab a cab."

Ashton gave a short nod, "Alright."

Calum started to talk about Michael, something he did normally now. Ashton didn't mind it. He was just glad his friend was happy. Ashton made sure the staff was all content with his leaving and had no more comments about the record label opening up in NYC. Ashton was partly excited; he'd only visited once when his father took him. Ashton warded off the thoughts of his father. By now, Calum was waving down a taxi.

"Oi! Ash, snap out of it, yeah?" Calum spoke as he got into the backseat of the taxi.

Ashton hadn't even realized that he had spaced out, he gave a short nod as he got into the taxi with Calum. Ashton's thumb hovered over the play button of the video. From the cover of the video, he could only see the face of Luke, probably making sure the camera was in a good place, and a bed behind him. He wondered if Luke was going to rant at him, this thought made his thumb place against the side of his phone again. To be honest, if that's what the video was, Ashton would get a new sugar baby. He wasn't one for dealing with things except with the company. He'd never had a stable relationship with anyone except Calum. Which they fu cked around a little, it didn't mean anything. His eyes shifted to Calum on his phone before he spoke,

"How're you two?"

Calum let out a soft chuckle, "Well, he thinks he's going to top. It's kind of consisting of me telling him I'm going to fu ck him so har-"

"Calum, please. Spare me the details."

"hardintothebed." Calum smirked, obviously proud of his quick acting.

Ashton rolled his eyes, "You are such a child." He stated and looked through his emails.

Calum bumped him, hard, with his shoulder. "I know you are but what am I?"

Ashton's eyes narrowed before he looked over at Calum, "You did not just say that."

"I'm rubber and you're glue. Everything you say, bounces off of me and sticks to you." Calum chirped, his lips turned into a smirk as his arm rested against the window.