xiii

Luke woke when his alarm screeched right in his ear, his eyes squeezed shut. He muttered a 'fuck' before swiping the screen so it would quiet down. He sat up and ran his hand through his flat hair, looking around the room. His eyes stopped on his best friend, who was sprawled across the bed. It had occurred to Michael, around three when Calum had gotten down calming Michael down enough for Luke to handle him, to dye his hair red. Luke let out a soft chuckle before getting out of bed, pulling the covers over his best friend. He read the clock, '8:18am' which made him hurry up towards the bathroom. He grabbed a grey t-shirt and state champ shorts before closing the bathroom door. His mind was on anything but Ashton at the moment. Michael and Luke were supposed to be moving their things into a dorm room tomorrow and every time Luke would pack their clothes back, Michael would insist they needed that outfit out.

"Luke! Did you pack-Oh my fu ck! Why is my hair red again?!" Michael shouted from the other room.

               Usually this was a usual thing after Michael had gotten high the night before. Luke just turned his music up. He was blasting the 'Ever After' album by Marianas Trench. Luke tapped the counter to beat to one of the songs, trying to decide if a snapback would be better over his head than letting it go flat like it was. He shrugged to himself before tossing off his clothing that he slept in before tugging on the shorts and shirt, along with a fresh pair of boxers. He glanced in the mirror and ran another hand through his hair. He le tout a soft sigh,

"I don't really know why anyone finds me attractive." Luke mumbled as he ran his hand across his chin, "I mean yeah, Mikey says he'd suck me off but to be honest he'd suck anyone off." He let out a low chuckle to himself.

               Luke shook his head at himself in the mirror before heading towards the door, he opened it, walking out. Michael was looking through the suitcases, tossing out the clothing.

"Mikey?" Luke asked as he sat on the bed, tugging on a pair of black converse.

Michael glanced at Luke, "What's up?"

"What do you find, uh nice about me?"

"That we're the same size so I can wear your shirts." Michael spoke as he pulled out a 'green day' shirt out of Luke's suitcase.

Luke rolled his eyes, "I'm being serious."

Michael pulled off his shirt and tugged on the darker colored one, "I don't know, Luke. Where is this coming from?" He asked, moving over to the male.

"I don't know, just asking." Luke shrugged as he stood.

"Why're you dressed so early?"

"Ashton is taking me out to breakfast, want to come? I'm sure I can convince him for Calum to come." Luke spoke as he grabbed a notebook from his bag.

"Nah, it's okay. I sleep more anyways. But you could be a dear and bring me a muffin to orientation."

"Got it."

               Luke left the hotel room, making sure he had his card key. He headed to the elevator and hit the lobby button, keeping the door open for someone who was running down the hall with papers flying out his hand.

"Hold the door please!" The female voice yelled, so Luke did. "Fu ck, thank you I'm running so late." She spoke, Luke barely nodded as he looked over how disheveled she looked.

"Where are you heading?"

"Irwin's Record Label." She spoke with a soft smile, "I'm a new intern there."