Chapter 1

I sat on the couch chewing my bottom lip, glaring at my dad; just because he was some hotshot rockstar, he thought he owned the world.

I mean sure, his band was a big deal, but he didn't need to be an asshole about it.
The only good thing about the band practicing here was Billie.

Billie started the band with Dad before I was even born and he was a babe.
He was dad's best friend and was always over, even when they weren't practicing; Billie came over a lot for dinner, ever since he had gotten a divorce from his wife last year he'd been over four or five times a week, our guest bedroom had kind of become his.
He had a couple of his guitars here and a handful of his clothes. I don't know why he doesn't just move in here.

"Breena!"

I rolled my eyes pulling myself up off the couch.

"I don't understand why we have to clean the house, Billie's seen it messier than this...Billie's made it messier than this." I muttered

"We're not cleaning the house because Billie and Tré are coming; we're cleaning the house because I'm sick of seeing your shit all over the damn place!"

"Sure," I muttered to myself "You have guitars and scraps of paper and pencils all over the place and it's fine, but I have one fucking book out of place and it's the end of the world."

"And when you own a house, it can look however you want, but as long as you're living under my roof-"

"Okay, okay" I waved my hand dismissively, I'd heard the lecture a thousand times before.

"Breena Pritchard, don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!"

I turned on my heel and sighed "What?'

"First of all, you can drop the attitude" he said sternly "Second," he pulled out his wallet as he spoke "Bring me home a bag of Twizzlers from the movie theatre"

I frowned as he held out a fifty dollar bill. "Are you trying to bribe me?"

"Is it working?" He asked with a smile

I scrunched up my nose with a smile "A little..."

I took the bill and kissed him on the cheek before jogging up the stairs to my room, calling a thank you over my shoulder.

**

I called Lola and told her dad was footing the bill for the movies so she was immediately on board.

I changed into my favourite pair of skinny jeans and a sheer black blouse. I pulled on my flats and bounded down the stairs as the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" I yelled over my shoulder

I yanked the front door open expecting to see Lola and was greeted by Billie instead; hands stuffed in the pockets of his own black skinny jeans, a tight black t-shirt under his leather jacket, his black hair whisked off to one side, a pair of Ray bans obscuring his green eyes.

"Hello Bree" he smiled

"Billie" I smiled opening the door a little wider and letting him in.

"How are you sweetheart?" He asked, taking his sunglasses off and tucking them in the neck of his t-shirt

"Since I saw you yesterday?" I asked "Fine..."

I bit my lip catching a glimpse of his ass as he walked deeper into the house before he turned back to look at me.

"Going somewhere?" He asked, eyeing my outfit

"Out" I smiled flipping my long blonde hair over my shoulder "Wanna come?"