New Girl

Today is the last marking period so I have to switch from Art class to Culinary class. I hate cooking to say the least. I wish I could skip the class but that wouldn't look to good for college, if I can find an affordable one that is. I was about to head there when I was confronted by a girl who looked pretty unfamiliar. She had black, straight hair that was green at the tips. Her eyeliner matched it perfectly. Her eyes were a bright grey with flecks of blue and she was a bit tanner than me but not much.
"Hi, I'm Selina." Oh my gosh, Cat Woman.
No wonder they call me a geek... "Alice." I introduced a bit suspicious, a person from this school was speaking to me kindly.
"I'm new," that explains it, "Mrs. C told me to look for a redhead in glasses. That you?"
"I'd say so." I half-smiled.
"Care to show me through Wonderland, Alice?" She joked and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not sure you want me to."
"Why?"
"Talking to me is like social suicide in this school."
"Who cares?" She shrugged and I smiled.
"Let's go then."

We had most of our classes together. It was weird having someone to sit with for lunch. "This place seems different than my old school. My school was ruled by the geeks for the most part. It's like this school is stuck in Mean Girls."
"I know. We have every clique you could ever want here. Over there-" I pointed to Sabrina and Lindsey's table- "are the prep cheerleaders. Steer clear. Then there are the emo and goth kids, some of them are a bit out there so steer clear of a few. We have our 'bad boys' and they are never here."
"How expected, are they cute?"
"Yes but only two of them are tolerable for more than a few hours at a time. No offense to Erik or Hess but, eesh."
"Who are the other two?"
"Both off-limits. Dean has a girlfriend who went missing last weekend."
"Oh no, that's awful!"
"Yeah he's been going insane about it. And then there's Keith."
"Why is he off-limits? Can I at least flirt a bit?" She whined and I shook my head. She pouted in response. The bell rang the sang time as my phone. I picked up my phone and it was Keith. "How's my favorite girl?" He started and it gave me a bad feeling.
"What would you said if I said I needed you to bail us out?"
"I would tell you to fuck off." I answered.
"C'mon Red. Please?"
"Sorry, you're staying there."
"Why?" He whined and I sighed.
"I'll come get you and the guys after school."
"But-"
"Bye Keith." I hung up on him and let out an annoyed groan.
"You have a car right?" She nodded in response. Nothing like bailing out your boyfriend on a Thursday. I talked to Selina through the last three periods and we later got into her car to pick up the boys. She parked up front and walked in with me. Steven was the chief here and he looked like he was allowed to lose it. "Hey Steven. I'm here for you know who." I sighed and he looked happy to see me for the first time ever.
"I'm not even going to worry about the bail money, get them out of here before I go insane!"
"What did they do?" I asked with a laugh.
"Dean got into a fight and since the rest of them were there, they were taken in."
"Of course." I rolled my eyes and Selina stood quietly next to me. He walked me back to a cell where shouting was coming from, it was the boys calling for Steven annoyingly. "Shut up, you little ingrates..." He mumbled as he opened the door.
"Freedom!" Myron yelled as all of them attempted to get out of the cell first.
"Back the fuck up and let me out." Keith said and they did. He got out first and pat Steven on the shoulder, "pleasure doing business with ya." Before walking over to me and wrapping his arm around my waist. "Told you she wouldn't leave us stuck in there."
"Hello beautiful." Vance flirted with Selina.
"You repel me." She said simply and I stifled a laugh as she turned to leave the station and go to her car. We followed behind. Keith gave me a quick but sweet kiss that lingered for a second too long as everyone turned to see the hold up. I blushed and looked down as I sat in the back seat.
Vance took shotgun and Selina looked slightly annoyed. "So, you from around here?" Ty asked her as he leaned his head against the seat to relieve a headache.
"Moved from Vegas believe it or not. I lived in Minnesota for like a year and then I was told like last week that we'd be going here."
"No shit? I went to Vagas a few years back to gamble."
"You gambled?" She asked.
"Still do."
"We all do. It's a once a year thing we do. But for some reason, Keith is the best at it." Jace laughed.
"I'm the best at a lot of things." He smirked and winked down at me. I rolled my eyes and blushed slightly. We dropped them off by Ty's house to get their things, Sabrina was leaning on her car, waiting for Ty I'm guessing.
At home, Steven and Ms. Salaway sat at the kitchen table with nervous expressions. "Why do I feel like something's wrong?" I whispered to Keith.
"I don't know, let's run before they can say anything." We were about to do just that when they called us over. Lauren and Zack joined us a minute later at the table. "Well you know that me and Steven are getting married. I was wondering if you and Lauren would be my bridesmaids?" She asked me and Lauren squealed and nodded excitedly while I was apprehensive.
"Erm, I guess. Sure?" I smiled shyly as I agreed to this.
"And I want you and... Him to be my groomsmen." Steven pretty much ordered the boys. Zack gave a nod and Keith didn't respond.
"Keith? Please?" His mother asked him with a hopeful look. Keith broke and agreed, I smiled at him. I couldn't help but want to say "awe" but I fought not to. "The engagement party is in two weeks. I want you all to go with me to get clothes for it." We all groaned in response.
"Today?" I asked.
"Tomorrow." She corrected and I sighed.