Chapter 4

"Is he still trying to suppress his destiny?" Asked the Earl. Tyki did not respond. "Well, it seems my presence is needed." The Earl stopped and looked at Tyki,"Tyki, do not disturb me." Tyki nodded and flicked his cigarette. "Of course Earl." The Earl smiled even wider and vanished in thin air.

I wonder what he is going to do to the shounen.

「」

Allen laid limply on the floor. It had warmed up and wasn't as freezing as it was when he was first placed here. In fact, Allen thought that maybe the real reason it wasn't as cold, was because Allen just wasn't as warm and active as he used to be.

Or it could have been that it was because he laid in a warm pool of his own blood.

Unfortunately, the latter comforted him. There was just this sick mental like to all things that are-well- sick. Allen shouldn't like being in a pool of his own blood, Allen shouldn't like feeling the simultaneous pain coursing throughout his body. He shouldn't like the fact that he was all alone in the darkness, slowly going mad. There was no sound other than Allen's tortured breaths to keep him any company, and there was no life other than the half-dead Allen. There was one very thin thread of sanity left in the small room.

Perhaps-no-that was the only reason Allen still hadn't completely indulged himself in the welcoming madness, after all, that's what it would take to end this suffering. That would give the Earl exactly what he wanted and Allen was not going to give that fat man the satisfaction of that, no matter what.

Allen could heard a door open and then close, his head was too heavy and required too much effort to even try moving it. Hollow footsteps echoed throughout the small stone room and Allen could feel the quickly drying beneath him slowly quiver. Allen smiled bitterly, even the very blood that was no longer inside him was frightened of the being slowly approaching.

"Good Afternoon, Allen Walker."

Allen closed his eyes. He didn't want this, he just wished that everything would turn back to where he was comfortable, at the Black Order with his family, not here with the the Millenium Earl of all people.

"Allen-kun! I bet I have made you suffer in silence long enough, after all, isn't that what you are afraid of? Being all alone, by yourself? Well, let me reassure you this, your friends are just like Mana! They have abandoned you! They have cursed you with false hopes that will only torture you more! Allen-kun! Even they understand that no one will ever save you from this place!"

Allen focused on his breathing. The Earl was lying, he had to be. There was no way Lenalee, Lavi, and Kand- actually, Kanda could care less about him- but Lenalee and Lavi wouldn't just leave him to die at the hands of the enemy. The Earl was just messing with his head, taking advantage of the fragile state Allen was in. Mana wouldn't, Mana would never had abandoned Allen when he was still alive, Mana would be stayed with him, right?

"Allen-pon! Lets have some fun, ne?"

With that, Allen's screams echoed with the walls of his cell.

「」

"Lavi!"

Lavi looked back at the green-haired girl and smiled. She was furious, or, that was the conclusion Lavi was able to derive from her rigid posture. Her hands were on her hips and her lips were in a straight line. Lavi laughed once more and broke from the band of traveling performers and grabbed Lenalee by the shoulders.

"Lenalee, loosen up, every single day it's 'Kill akuma', 'Don't die', 'Don't call me Yu', 'Don't call me Moyash-" Lavi paused. He looked down and the ground for a moment and shook his head slowly looking back at Lenalee."The point is, if we don't loosen up once in a while, we will stress ourselves out with too many things in our minds and never have the clear mind we need to stay alive and most important of all, find Allen."

Lenalee looked away from the Bookman-in-training piercing gaze and settled on the cobbled floor. When she meet Lavi's eye once again, tears were in her eyes.

"I just want to see him again so badly. I just-" Lenalee stopped and a sob passed through her. Lavi squeezed her shoulders and encouraged her to go on. Lenalee wiped the tears from her eyes and gave Lavi a weak smile."Your right, Lavi, let's have some fun." Lavi laughed as Lenalee dragged him towards the traveling performers.

「」

"Allen-pon!"

"Stop!" Allen's throat was dry and the only lubrication offered was the blood running down the inside of his throat. All the constant screaming wasn't helping him, it just made everything hurt more. The Earl stepped on his stomach again and blood was forced out of his mouth as he started a fatal coughing fit.

"Allen-pon! Lets have some more fun!"