Chapter 6

Allen couldn't stop shaking. He was shaking so much and his breathing wasn't fairing off any better. His breaths were rapid, short, shaking and most of all, hurt so much. Every time he took in a breath, his chest constricted painfully almost seeming like it was too small for his lungs, every time he let out a breath he felt his ribs rattle inside his body.

The Earl hadn't come in for some time and Allen was so lonely. The silence was suffocating, the only sound he heard was his breath and they sounded, off. The darkness had to be the most frightening thing. Occasionally, Allen's eye would throb really bad, to the point where it made him move and Allen did not move anymore, it was just too painful.

The Earl hadn't visited in a while.

Allen vaguely remembered happy memories filled with food, laughter, and friends he thought as family. Those days were long gone, replaced with a weak malnourished mind and body. He long stopped trying to hope that "friends" would come along and save him. The Earl made sure of that. Allen didn't even hope for anything anymore.

He didn't hope that the nightmares would stop. He didn't hope the pain would stop. He didn't hope for food, he didn't hope for compassion, he didn't hope for a purpose, he didn't hope to stop being such an annoyance, he didn't hope-

The Earl hasn't visited.

-for sunlight. He didn't hope to keep on walking, he didn't hope for Timcanpy, he didn't hope for Lenalee, He didn't hope for Lavi, he didn't hope for Kanda, he didn't hope for Jerry-

The Earl hasn't visited.

-he didn't hope to beat the Earl. He didn't hope to stop being so neglected and alone, he just wanted somebody, but he did not hope for them. He didn't hope for the stupid Innocence to disappear-

The Earl hasn't.

-he didn't hope to be found by some random villagers, he did not hope-

He hoped the Earl would come back.

「」

Komui looked at the cold cup of coffee, he refused to drink it if Lenalee had not made it, or at least, until she called. Kanda, Lavi, Lenalee, and Krory had gone out on a dangerous mission and he could not rest assured until his precious sister called to tell him that they were okay, that she was okay. Lately, her optimistic attitude had started to decline bit by bit, obviously showing that she was afraid that they wouldn't ever find Allen.

Three years.

Three years.

In those three years, not a single trace other than vague rumors had been heard about Allen Walker. In those three years, the Akuma had subtly became more in numbers and higher in level. In those three years, the deaths had rapidly increased. In those three years, Allen Walker was nothing but a distant, wistful memory of someone who brought so much light.

Three years.

Three years and Lenalee had slowly started to stress herself out with work, hell, everybody did.

Three. Years.

He wanted to deny it, but he couldn't help but think that the collectively gloomy atmosphere that surronded the Black Order would have been a lot lighter and happier if Allen had been here, but that was impossible. Almost everyone was close to being absolutely positive that Allen Walker had died.

Maybe because the thought of him surviving seemed like torture.

The phone rang and Komui instantly picked it up, holding it close to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Nii-san! We finally arrived on land, everything seems calm so I'm absolutely certain that you can stop doubting me and relax, right?" Lenalee's voice rang out through phones' speakers. True to her words, Komui slightly sank into his chair and his stature relaxed just enough for him to be comfortable again.

"As if I would ever doubt my strong little Lenalee! You're so strong that your bring brother can be rest assured that those filthy Akuma will never harm my Lenalee! Even if they tried! They would be driven away be my cute little-"

"Oi! Is something wrong with you, Komui? Do you really still have a sister complex?" Lavi's voice agitated Komui as he heard Lavi laugh.

"Listen hear Boookman Junior, I told you I do not have a sister complex! However, I do have millions of inventions to tear you to pieces-" Komui stopped as Lavi hung up. He smiled, he really needed that.

With that, Komui felt a little bit more like himself and went back to avoiding doing his paper work. After all, the Komui that did paper work was scary.

「」

"Tyki, are the preparations ready?"

"Don't worry your fat belly about it, you can go see him now, he will certainly do as you say, no matter the cost."

The Earl smiled.