Chapter Seventy Two

Bill clicked the key and the car beeped behind them.

Paige took Michael's hand and let the kids walk in front of them.

When they got to the door of the warehouse, Prince looked back and Paige nodded that he could open it.

Prince went in first, then Bill, then Paris and Blanket, Paige and Michael, and finally Javon.

"There's nothing in here," Prince says.

"Yeah there is. It's just in another room. See those stairs over there? We're gonna go up those," Paige explains.

They cross the empty room and they begin to hear the beat of music.

Paige smiles at Michael.

They reach the metal stairs and Paige leads first. "Make sure to hold onto the rails because these are a little difficult to go up to."

Paige reaches the small landing at the top and the others stop behind her. By now the music is loud.

She opens the metal door and motions for them all to walk in before her.

As she closes the door behind them, she can't help but smile. She meets the others at the railing already looking down into the warehouse.

There's colored lights set up throughout the room with speakers placed intermittently.

A set consisting of hug crates and landings forms a multilevel "stage."

There's people dancing all over, and although they seem to be dancing separately, they're all doing one choreographed performance. There's kids doing back flips off landings and others leaping onto them.

"This is crazy. I can't believe I'm back here." She says, getting giddy.

"Do we need to hide or anything?" Michael asks. The last time she took him somewhere didn't turn out so well.

"No, just stay up here. But I'm gonna go down and say hi. I'll wave in case I want you guys to come down for something."

She waits a little for the song to end and blows a whistle with two fingers.

People look up and cup their eyes to see past the lights. They can't distinguish the figures.

"Hey guys," Paige says. "Looks like much hasn't changed since I've been here." She begins to walk down to the stairs in the other corner of the room.

"Is that?" "Who?" "Wait." "PAIGE?"

She stops at the top of the stairs. "You got it."

All the dancers start cheering and she runs down the stairs to meet them. They all pile into a big group hug around her.

"Oh, I've missed you guys!"

"Are you okay? We've all been so worried! All we keep seeing in the news is bad things about you."

Still giving high fives, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"So are you here to dance?" A kid in the back asks.

Paige sees that he's new. "Ah, well, I haven't tried yet since the latest accident. I'm actually surprised I just made it down those stairs."

She laughs and so does everyone else.

Up top, the others are watching her in her element. She's got her own fans just like Michael.

"Anyway," Paige says. "What have you guys been working on?"

Andy steps forward. Paige can recognize her, but she's definitely older than 16 now. "Remember that mix we made forever ago?"

"Yeah," Paige says. "I thought we lost it."

Andy shrugs, "I found it under a bunch of shit. So, we've been working with that."

"Really? Wow." Paige turns to check on Michael and sees he's already making his way down the stairs.

"Uhh... Okay guys, well I'd like to introduce you to Michael.." She puts her hand out to him as he walks up.

"Hi," he says both shy and nervously. He never likes getting in situations like this. He puts his arm around Paige's waist and she leans against his shoulder.

Everyone gives an embarrassed and shocked hello all at once.

Paige looks at him. "Why'd you come down before I said to? They didn't know you were here."

"I get worried when you're too far away from me," he tells her.

She smiles and turns back to Andy. "Well, let's see what you've been working on!"

A/N: This chapter sucked. I'm going to skip ahead about 6-12 months in the next chapter. I made it into a new/third book though so go check it out!!

Also, if you like the Avengers, Iron Man, or Robert Downey Jr I'm writing a book about that so make sure to check that one out also! :)