Chapter Eleven

Paige has a charity event today that she's going to host and she will be meeting foster children.

Paris is also going with her to meet the kids.

The flyer for the event even says, "Get the chance to meet Paige and Paris Jackson while spending the day enjoying the festivities."

Paige gets ready and heads down into the kitchen to wait for Paris.

Michael walks in and wraps his arms around Paige as he kisses her on the cheek.

"Thanks for letting Paris join me today. I know how hard it is for you to let your kids out in the public eye," Paige says to him.

He gives her a smile and says, "It's what she wants to do and it's for a good cause. Plus, I know she's in good hands with you."

Paris enters and sighs, "Come on, lovebirds."

Michael and Paige laugh and she says, "Are you ready?"

Paris runs out the door and yells, "Are you?"

Paige giggles and says to Michael, "I think she's excited. Have a good day at the studio and I will see you tonight. I love you."

She gives him a kiss and walks out the door as Michael yells, "I love you both!"

Later in the afternoon, Michael is working at the studio when he hears his phone ring.

He looks at his phone and sees that it's Paige.

She's probably calling to figure out the dinner plans for tonight.

He smiles and answers, "Hello beautiful."

He hears noises and screeching on the other end, probably from the kids.

A voice asks, "Is this Michael Jackson?"

Michael, stunned and confused, replies, "Yes, it is. And who is this?"

The voice says, "My name is Officer Jenkins," and continues, "I am calling to inform you that your daughter and wife have been in an accident and are currently being transported in an ambulance to a local hospital."