Chapter Thirty Six

Michael steps in and hears shouting.

Then he sees Chris trying to calm Paige down, she's crying and yelling.

Michael's eyes widens, "What's going on?!"

Chris sighs in relief when he sees Michael, "Mike! Thank God you're here! Paige is freaking out."

He motions Michael over to the corner.

Michael looks to Paige and back at Chris, then to Paige again before he walks over.

Chris whispers, "She found out about the miscarriage and she's been going crazy ever since. She's thinks you hate her for it."

Michael looks at him, "She thinks I hate her?"

Chris shakes his head, "Mike, she found out she lost a baby, I don't know what's going through her mind right now."

Michael pats Chris on the shoulder, "Thank you. Can you give us some time alone?"

Chris nods and slips out the door.

Michael walks over to the bed and reaches his hand out to Paige's, "Hey, it's me. I'm here."

She flinches at his touch and looks at him, still sobbing and shaking her head, "Michael, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. The accident, Paris, the baby. It's all my fault. I'm sorry!"

Michael's shocked, "What? No, Paige, none of this is your fault and especially not the accident! Honey look at me, it's not your fault!"

Paige stares at him and cries, "Don't you see? It is! The riot was about our marriage, Paris was there because I brought her, and the baby died because I moved the car! It's all because of me, Michael! If I weren't here, none of this would have happened!"

Michael's heart tears and he cups his hands around her face, "Paige, no! Don't think like that! It's not your fault! Those rioters don't like me anyway, whether I'm married or not! And there's nothing you could have done about the baby! If you hadn't moved the car, you or Paris could have easily been killed and there is no way in hell that I'm going to lose you two!"

Michael's crying now too, "I love you, Paige, and I always will. Nothing you could ever do will make me stop loving you. And if being with you means the whole world hates me or I'm tormented every day, then so be it! Because I'm not going anywhere. And neither are you."