Chapter 40.

Hadi.

"Yes, I am almost there. I will call you." I say and hung up after bidding my goodbye. I sigh and park the car on the side. I take a deep breath and release it slowly. I look at the house in front and saw the lights on. I have been driving since yesterday evening and finally I am back here. I get out my car and slowly walk toward the door. My heart was beating so fast that I could easily hear it. When I was in front of the door, I take a deep breath again and press the bell. After a few seconds it was open by a boy that look in her early teens. He looked me up and down before raising his eyebrow.

"Who are you?" He asked me. I look behind him and saw voices coming from inside, then at the boy. I smile and kneel down to come to his eye level.

"I am Hadi Salman. You must be Ariz?" I guess before he look exactly what Zaina told me about him. He narrowed his eyes but nodded.

"How you know my name and why are you here?" He asked. I chuckle at his attitude.

"Zaina told me about you. I am here to see her." I frowned when his eyes watered and before he could say anything someone come behind him.

"She is not here." I look up and saw a man looking at me with a glare. I frowned in confusion what did he mean by that and who is he?

"What you mean she is not here. Who are you?" I asked him. He look at Ariz and motion him to go inside, but he refused.

"No! I want to see Aapi. Please tell me where is she. Please Dad." Ariz begged him, but his father give him a hard look. He raised his hand, but I stop him and look at him with a glare.

"Don't you dare raise your hand at him." I drop his hand when he give me a disgust look.

"Who are you? Why are you looking for her?"

"I am Hadi Salman. Her lawyer and I help her to get divorced from Karim. Now, tell me where is she?" I asked him and get angry when he didn't say anything.

"I don't know. She must be with some other man and making him a fool." He says. I lose my control and punched him. I was always bad at controlling my anger. Ariz look at me shocked, then at his Dad who is now lying on the floor. I don't want to do this, but he left me no choice.

"She is not what you think. If you think that baby was of someone else, then you are wrong. That child was of Karim and that is proven. You have no right to talk about someone like this. I will never hear a single word about her." I say and turned around to walk away, but stop when I feel soft hands wrapped around my wrist. I turned back and saw a little girl looking at me with glossy eyes.

"Please bring my sister back. I want to meet her. Please." I kneel down and smile softly.

"I promise I will bring her back to you." I say and softly place a kiss on her forehead. I sigh and stood up before walking back toward my car. I get in and drove away. I don't know where to go. I don't know where she would be if she is not there. I park the car on empty street and try to think where she will be living. She left a month ago and she couldn't rent an apartment or any other place. She must be living with someone. Then my mind click. Her friend Zeba. I remember her telling me her address. I put the address in my mobile and get the directions to her house.

After half an hour I stop in front of a small but cute house. Lights were on and many cars were parked in front of the house. I get out and walked toward the front door. I was confused when I heard loud laughing and chatting, voice coming from inside. With a deep breath I ring the bell and after a few minutes it was open by John. He was wearing White Shalwar Kameez that confused me more. He look surprised to see me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Um... I am here to see-" I was cut it off by another voice from behind him. I looked behind him and saw a girl with blonde hair coming toward us. She wore a Pakistani dress I was getting more confused because She didn't look Muslim.

"Who is he?" She asked John. He smiled at her and put his arms around her then turned to me.

"Meet my fiancée Alice and Alice, he is Hadi. He is that lawyer who fight from Zaina." He introduce us. We greet each other and walk inside. They went in another direction after telling me to walk straight in the living room. I was curious when I heard voices from there. When I step in living room I freeze on my place on what I saw.

Zaina was sitting on couch and beside her was sitting a man. Not some man, but someone who I know. I just wish it wasn't him. When I look around and see what is going on, my heart break into small piece. No, this couldn't be happening. She can't do this to me. The man sitting beside her looking around and freeze when he looked at me.

"Hadi?" He asked, confused. Zaina look at him confused before looking toward me. Her eyes went wide and filled with water.

"Akram."

------------

Update! I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think about this chapter. Now only Epilogue left that will be posted by tonight. 

-Maddy.