Mirror

It was a common night.

I was lying in my bed asking myself why I wasn't able to fall asleep. Everything was perfect, the room was at an appropriate temperature, the bed was comfy my head rested in the cool side of the pillow. Everything was perfect but one detail. I had the feeling I was being watched.

That was ridiculous; I live in a 2 room department. My roommate usually sleeps in the other room but he was in the hospital because he fell in the building stairs, he broke a rib so that night he was sleeping in the hospital. I was completely alone.

As the time passed by I was getting annoyed by this sensation, it was illogical that someone was watching by window has a perfect vision towards a giant billboard, my closet was already searched, the bathroom was completely empty, all my department was covered it was impossible that someone was here. Yet the feeling didn't disappear.

It was getting so late and I was so tired that I look for my phone to see what time it was, it was the 3:24 AM this was ridiculous.

I decided that I was falling asleep anytime soon so might as well go to the bathroom for a quick piss. I opened the bathroom, got inside and turned on the light. That was the moment I saw him.

In the mirror of the bathroom I saw a man from head to toes in white colthes. His face... his face... it was covered by a... a mask. The mask lacked a mouth and a nose. But there was something even worse with it the place where the eyes were suppose to be there were... Empty.

I release a loud scream as turned to face the man. But I saw nothing but my empty room. It took me a moment to calm down from that scare. Thinking it was my mind playing games because of the lack of sleep I turned again to see the mirror. But it was still there, now looking straight at me. I felt sick and wanted to scream again, I wanted to run but those empty eyes with no eyeballs, with no color, with nothing at all, a pair of holes in his head, were looking straight at me.

I slowly looked to my back, towards the room and again I was greeted with emptyness. he wasn't in there as I turned towards the mirror. Now he was right behind me. I couldn't scream, I couldn't run.

I was looking at myself and a man he wasn't there but I could see him or his reflection.

He raised both of hands towards my face and couldn't do nothing I was paralysed.

The tip of his fingers touched my chin. I felt the coldness of his hands in face. I felt them.

His hands were moving up my face, then covered my mouth, then my nose, and I still wasn't able to see those fingers outside the mirror, it then covered my eyes, and instead of darkness, I was watching a reflection of myself and the masked man covering my face with his long hands.

It was now that from the mask started to bleed from where his mouth was suppose to be. The drips of blood started to form an image... a smile.

The blood started to come out in large quantities as I watched in horror, unable to grasp to the idea that this was happening right in front of me. I couldn't believe it.

Then the mask separated the same way a person would split a piece of bread in half. The mask formed a smiling hole in its structure.

I will never wake up.

http://sixpenceeestories.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=120