The Strange Employee

I'm a Security Officer, and my I am posted at a manufacturing plant attached to a corporate office. The building is very old, and due to outsourcing, the corporate building is entirely abandoned. This abandoned corporate area is very swanky and nice, and looks as if everyone just disappeared one day. Books and coffee mugs still on desks, offices still decorated.. It's really weird. Anyway my patrols take me through this abandoned corporate building at 2 am or 0200 military time, and in the dark hours it just feels wrong. Glass walls looking into the pitch blackness showing your reflection in a void, blurred to make it appear someone is behind you, computer monitors on with a blue glow when nobody has been in there. A really weird event happened in there, one very late patrol.. I was checking the cubicle room, making Sure to check each and every cubicle in there, as is tradition at this point, before I scan my badge through the alarmed panel, so I get 5 seconds to leave before the alarm rearms itself. I leave and watch the door click and hear the alarm beep and rearm, and turn and walk about ten steps when I hear the door open... No alarm goes off.. I turn around to see an old woman, too old to work in the plant and not dressed for the work in the plant. She was not an employee.. She's staring right at me, and cheerfully says " Man, I'm ready to go home !" In stunned disbelief I mutter, " Yeah, me too." the old lady just nodded slowly and walked to the broom closet, opened the door, and closed herself inside. I stand there for a minute, expecting her to come out, but she doesn't. So I go to the door and unlock it, and open the door.. And she isn't in there. She vanished. I turn and leave as fast as possible and nothing else out if the ordinary happens. I've never seen her again and since then nothing weird like that has happened, but I still think about that day every time I walk through the abandoned corporate building. What the hell was that?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DarknessPrevails/comments/75tt1v/the_strange_employee/