13

( BEDTIME STORIES )

CONSTRUCTION SITE
[ ☾]

      A cloud covered moon pans to a billboard advertising the building of new homes. Three heavy-set men are having a conversation when they are interrupted by a low growl. "Hey, what was that?" One of the guys, Kyle, says.

      "I don't know, a dog maybe?" Jack asks.

      "That's a hell of a dog." Kyle says.

      "OK, we got a crew coming in the morning, look at this wood, huh?!" Jack exclaims. "Look at it, it's crap! Where'd you order it from?"

      Another guy, Emmett, crosses his arms. "Same place as always." He says.

      "Shoulda used the cinder block, like I wanted." Kyle says.

      "You know what? Here we go again. You are not in charge." Jack says.

      "Hey, you're a bunch of girls. Look, it comes down to this, OK? One gust of wind and the whole place is gonna blow over!" Kyle yells.

      "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Emmett says.

      A noise is heard far away. "Did you hear that?" Kyle asks.

      "Hear what?"

      Kyle's brothers walk off to a wood podium. Kyle hangs back and moves in the direction of the noise. He peers around a digger. There's nothing there. Kyle shakes his head, literally snorting like a pig.

      "Kyle, c'mon let's go." Emmett says.

      "Kay man I'll go warm up the truck." Says Jack. Kyle closes on Emmett.

      They watch as Jack is suddenly dragged behind a stack of piping. Emmett screams and pulls over a floodlight. We hear growling as the light falls. Blood sprays up on the driver's door of the truck. Kyle runs.

      "JACK!" Emmett yells and Kyle hunkers down and hides behind a stack of concrete blocks. Something jumps out and attacks Emmett. Blood sprays across plans at the podium. Kyle continues to hide.

      No sounds.

     Kyle moves around the concrete blocks and sees Emmett lying on the ground, a blood pool from his mouth. He's dead. He hears the growling begin again and turns his head and something attacks him. He screams.

HIGHWAY
[ ☾]

      A bullfrog sits on the highway. It croaks. Dean's Impala races along. It hits a puddle spraying water as the frog hops out of the way, just in time. "I don't understand, Dean. Why not?" Sam asks his brother.

      "Because I said so."

      "We got the Colt now!" Sam yellsZ

      "Sam..." Elena warns.

      "We can summon the Crossroads Demon..." Sam starts.

      They shout over each other's words, getting louder each time. Elena covers her ears with her hands.

      "We're not summoning anything." Dean says.

      "...pull the gun on her and force her to let you out of the deal!" Sam continues.

      "We don't even know if that'll work!"

      "Well then we'll just shoot her! If she dies then the deal goes away!" Sam says.