Chapter 6

"You'll go?"

I nodded. Convincing him and myself.

"Okay, if you're sure. Do you have your phone?"

"Yeah, I'll call you when I'm ready to leave."

"Alright." I stepped out of the car and within seconds he was speeding off.

I sucked in a breath and regretted it as the odor once more caught my nose. Walking quickly I entered the house, sidestepping a few drunk students on my way in. The house was packed and the music was painfully loud. There were snacks everywhere and empty bottles and cans. The room had dim lights but there were people smoking everywhere and that made it slightly difficult to see.

I walked through the smoke and made my way into the kitchen. There was tons of open and unopened snacks lying everywhere along with alcohol. I pulled the fridge open and groaned when I saw lots more beer. I dug deep inside until I found an unopened bottle of water and smiled before opening it and taking a sip.

"Hey sassy pants." A drunk Rae slurred as she came into the kitchen.

I stared in horror at her outfit. She was wearing a very short top that showed her entire tummy and which was buttoned down to show her bra. I mean why didn't she just wear the bra and get it over with?! Her skirt was just as short, stopping just where her ass did.

If she only thought to bend no man on earth or anywhere else would have to imagine anything. It was already available to them freely.

The other girls at the party weren't dressed any differently and I wasn't that surprised to see the hand movements of the boys.

"You're drunk!" I stated flatly.

"And you're here!" She half burped half slurped.

I watched as she grabbed a weird looking bottle of alcohol before staggering out.
Is this what parties are all about?

"Hey there." Someone said and I looked up to see Deon walk in behind her.

From what I could see he wasn't drunk nor was he high. Oh thank heavens.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"I thought you wouldn't show." He continued as he came closer to me.

"Well I'm here."

"That I can see." His eyes travelled the length of me before once again meeting my eyes.

"Nice outfit." He smirked.

"I know it's not like the others but-"

"Hey! I gave you a compliment, please don't insult me by debating it's worth."

"Sorry." I said shyly.

"Good. Now drink this."

"What is it?"

He handed me a green plastic cup that had a dark brown liquid inside. The cup was almost empty but I was skeptical.

"It's to take the edge off."

I placed the cup to my head, squinched my eyes closed and downed it. It burned my throat and tasted so bitter that I started coughing. Damn, it was worse than smoking.

"What was that?" I croaked out, trying to get my voice back.

He collected the cup from me and took another one from the counter.

"It's Guinness."

"Ew, that's disgusting. People actually like this stuff?"

"Yup."