Chapter Fourteen

Alert: Short chapter. x_x I'm sorry 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jacob..." I said as soon as he picked up. There was no reply, and I almost thought he hanged up on me already but then there was a little noise from the other end like the door closing. I sighed, waiting for him to talk back.

"What?" He finally said.

"I need... I need.. a place to crash." I said, closing my eyes just knowing his reaction. I could just about imagine it.

"I'm sorry. There's no room. Guests are around."

"I'll sleep on the floor. I'll do anything. Please?"

"I would help if I could, but seriously. You can come and check. The house is surrounded by millions. If anything, I would have gone to your place."

"Right," I said, sighing. Guess it's home for me after all, "sorry for wasting your time." I said, just about to hang up until his voice cut me off again.

"No, it's okay. Hey, I'm throwing a party tomorrow. A huge one, all the teachers are invited too."

"Teachers?" I said, a little surprised he could manage to get them around.

"Yup. It's a little secret, though. So, if you're willing to come..?"

"I'll be there at 9."

"Epic. At mine. See you tomorrow," he said, I could manage to hear out there desperation in his voice. I've truly missed having him as a friend.

"Sure. Bye."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made my way home instead. I knocked on the door, revealing Callum who seemed to be quite happy to see me home. He ushered me in, quietly and took me upstairs where Spencer was listening to his music.

"So you didn't stay at anyone's?" He asked. Well, duh, if I'm sitting there at home.

"No, Jacob didn't have room."

"What about Jay... that teacher or Aiden or Alison?"

"Not talking to any of them, to be honest." I said. Callum looked at me, concerned.

"Everything okay?"

"Totally."

"Well, okay, if there is any problem you can talk to me or Spencer. And you know that. It's pretty late, I think you should sleep now. Get that head of yours to rest," he said cuddling me. I grinned, tickling him until we were a heap on the floor.

I couldn't stop laughing, though Callum wasn't ticklish so he didn't seem to be laughing much at all. I sighed at him for killing the mood. Then it suddenly hit me.

"Hey, Callum, are you going to Jacob's party tomorrow?"

"Totally. So is Spencer. Apparently, the whole school is invited and even the --" 

"Teachers." I finished for him, smiling.

"Maybe you and Jay can sleep together while you're there."

"Are you kidding me?" I said, wanting to slap him so hard. I don't think Spencer knows about me and Mr Clinton, and even if she does she would be so alarmed. "At my ex's house? I wish. Anyway, it's late... like you said. I'm off. Bye."