Chapter 2 • Dinner •

Luke wanted to have dinner with me. Shocking. Who am I kidding? I'm not shocked at all. I'm just one of his conquests for the week. Dinner is probably how he baits them out then have them for desert. I don't blame them though since he is quite a sight to see.

I spent six years caging my heart from men like him. The naïve nineteen years old me would have accepted with a heartbeat but I'm a strong independent woman that doesn't need to depend on a man to be happy. I'm perfectly fine with how I am at the moment.

I sighed and discharged my bag on the coffee table and plopped down on my couch feeling exhausted. Today was quite a day. I just remembered that I haven't replied to Luke's message as yet.

Rebecca: Oh, Hello. I'm sorry but I have to decline.

Luke: May I ask why?

Rebecca: I prefer not to be your new flavour of the week.

Luke: Flavour of the week? I assure you Ms. Nelson I have no intention of doing anything you don't want to. Its just dinner and we can talk more about my preposition.

I thought about it and figured he's a very persuasive person.

Rebecca: Very well. I will accompany you to this dinner.

Luke: I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow.

I didn't reply to the message and set my phone down beside me on the couch. I figured I'd just order take out since I'm too lazy to cook at the moment. After ordering my food I hopped in the shower. I squirted some shampoo in my hand and applied it to my hair massaging my scalp. The warm water that is trickling down my body relaxed me and I spent the next ten minutes rinsing off the soap and enjoying the warmth.

I stepped out of the shower wrapping a big, blue, fluffy towel around my body. I walked into my room and wiped myself dry. I stepped into a pair of cotton panties and pulled on my grey sweat pants and navy blue tank top.

The door bell rung so I quickly grabbed a smaller towel to dry my hair and rushed to the door. I grabbed the money for the food and opened the door to see Nate standing at the other side of it.

I raised an eyebrow, "What? You're a take out guy now?".

"Pssh, of course not", he waved off, "I just saw the guy out here just about to knock on the door and thought 'Hey why don't I get the food for her and maybe she'll share'".

"Nope. Now gimme", I stretched my hands as I eyed my food.

"I paid for it so its only fair"

"When have I ever been a fair person when it comes to food?", I exclaimed throwing my hands up in the air.