Chapter 24 • Through Sickness And Health•

Chapter 24Through Sickness And Health

To be honest, I've always loved mornings. I mean, the refreshed feeling I get when I got enough sleep, the chirping of the birds outside my window and the bright glow of the sun as it illuminates my room.

But, this particular Wednesday morning I hated every bit of it. I wish I could just toss something at the sun to just knock it back to where it goes when the moon comes out.

My head was pounding, cold sweat ran down my forehead and neck and I was incredibly hot.

Luke, on the other hand, laid beside me on his stomach snoring his head off. Even in my sick state I couldn't deny how innocent he looked with his bed hair and his mouth slightly opened.

I didn't have time to appreciate his appearance any longer as a wave of nausea hit me. I bolted out of bed and to the bathroom barely making it to the toilet as I emptied my stomach. I then started to dry heave as I hadn't eaten anything in the past nine hours so there was nothing to vomit out.

I heard Luke's footsteps as he entered the bathroom. Crouching down to my level he brushed stray hairs from my face wearing a worried expression.

"Are you okay?", he whispered.

No. "Yeah, must be a stomach bug", I pushed myself away from the toilet and stood, with the help of Luke of course. He took a wet cloth and wiped the cold sweat off of me.

He lifted me and I was cradled into his chest taking me back to bed he exited the room.

A few minutes or so later I had started to doze off as Luke entered the room. He had a tray in his hand which he sat on the bed. Helping me in a sitting position I saw the tomato soup and toast, a glass of orange juice and a side of pineapples. It all looked delicious but my appetite was just not there.

"I would've gotten Audrey to make chicken noodle soup but this is quicker", Luke explain as he took some soup onto the spoon that was on the tray and fed me.

It tasted like heaven but I also wanted to spit it out. Luke saw it too, "Swallow."

I did and it took all my strength not to bring it back up. I took a few more spoon fulls and a bite of toast then that was it. I couldn't take down anymore.

"I can't", I turned my face away from the spoon.

"Come on, baby. You have to eat", Luke spoke softly.

"No."

He narrowed his eyes at my and leaned back straightening up, "Audrey!", he shouted. No!

Audrey appeared at the door in an instant and ran over to me. "Oh, god. How are you feeling?", she touched my forehead.

"Like shit."

"She won't eat", Luke informed.

•••

Thanks to Audrey I finished my breakfast in under ten minutes. Thanks to Audrey again, I brought everything up.

They decided to let me be after seeing I can't keep down anything. I practically slept throughout the whole day. Luke woke me up a few times so I could drink some water and munch on some crackers but that was it.

Him being so overprotective insisted on seeing a doctor countless times but I refused every time. There was no point. I've felt worse before so I'm sure nothing is wrong.

The next day I forced Luke to go to work. He already missed a day because of me and I refuse to let that happen again. My company had fell even before it was built. I'd never forgive myself if his fell because of me.