E L E V E N

"Again!" Emmett growled, quickly lifting himself from the ground as Jasper smirked from beside him.

Alice giggled, Vi watching on with a raised eyebrow as her smile broke out. She loved seeing Emmett be his usual goofball self, he was like a grown child and that would never change. As of late however his expression and been much more serious and concerned, the looming threat of war having hardened his natural features but in this moment he seemed to have relaxed.

"He really hates to lose doesn't he?" Violet questions Alice, leaning against the small girl causally as she watched on her boyfriend get angrier as yet again he lost.

The petite vampire nodded in response. "That's why we tend to bench him whenever we play games, he takes things to seriously."

"I can tell," Vi nodded with a raised brow as Emmett once again got taken straight to the ground, getting up angrily like a child. She almost snorted a laugh when he stomped his foot.

Emmett looked over at her in that moment, narrowing her eyes when he could tell she was making fun of him. He lifted his arms in the air and yelled, "it's harder then it looks Baby! Come on and try!"

She rolled her eyes and waved him off, noticing Alice's stare. "I wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of your family! How about we save what I can do."

"You know Jasper isn't going to let you sit this one out right? You're apart of this family and he wants us all to be able to defend ourselves?" Alice pointed it once Emmett was distracted.

"You really think Sam's gonna want me fighting a vampire?" Vi countered.

"Like that's ever stopped you before," Alice answered back, Violet shrugging her should a right back, the girl had a point. "When are the wolves showing up?"

"He just needed to make sure the Rez was protected before coming. Emily has a dress fitting in Forks so it works well for everyone. He's got one of the pups following her back, Emily is probably gonna kick his ass for that one... what about Edward and Bella?" Bugs questioned, noticing the lack of human and bronze haired vampire. In the past few hours since the party had ended the couple had disappeared. She assumed Bella was having trouble coping with the looming war which she understood.

Violet didn't blame her, knowing that all night and morning her mind had been cluttered with the same thoughts. She didn't want anyone hurt at her cost, if it were up to her she would go in alone and attack but sadly there was no way that was possible. The wolves and especially Sam wouldn't let her step two feet out of the house if she even attempted it and Emmett would literally tie her to some underground bunker.

"They'll be here soon—" Alice began explaining until the engine to Edwards Volvo announced itself.

The girls watched as the petite human stepped out, walking over to the duo with a small smile across her lips.

"Hey guys," her soft voice spoke, her eyes quickly liking over to see Emmett and Jasper sparring while the Cullen parents were speaking to Edward. "Where are the wolves?"

"I smell them now," Vi answered her, Alice nodding her head although her nose twitched slightly in disgust. Violet smirked at the vampire in amusement, clearly she still wasn't use too their tough smell. "Here they come."

The Cullens all seemed to notice in that very moment, Jasper and Emmett ceasing to play full throw one another: they walked over towards where the girls stood.

"The Violet Uley Calvary has arrived," Emmett teased his girlfriend, wrapping an arm around her waist before bringing her into large form.

Jasper laughed beside him, setting his arm over Alice's shoulders while Vi rolled her eyes playfully at the big bear.