E P I L O G U E

"You are unexplored, unusual, and terrifyingly beautiful. And only a few will know how to love you without breaking you and making you dangerous."
Nikita Gill

She was his own version of heaven... his safe haven... the only good thing that had come out of his life. He hadn't believed in a God for centuries, not since becoming an immortal but if there was one and he had had a plan set in motion since Emmett's birth it all unraveled the moment Violet showed up.

She was like a fiery storm, filled with rage and destruction, one of which he had no idea how to tame or even if there was a chance to tame. She brought light, passion, pain, and excitement to the life of the vampire who had once thought life was fine, who had been fine with the way life had treated him but now with her in his life... he didn't know how he could even breathe befor ever. She was his light, the gem inside his heart that kept everything working. Violet Uley was a fucking wave of destruction that he happily opened his arms too.

He wasn't looking... he wasn't looking... he should have been watching her at all times. It was his promise to her brother, the sacred vow of soulmates. Violet Uley was Emmett Cullens responsibility and he had let her get hurt.

He had promised her everything would be alright and she was now injured... she was dying.

The words left his chapped lips all before he could fully think through what was happening, his back had been turned for ten seconds. His ears had been trained on her, hearing her soft feet pad against the ground as she kicked at some dirt with the wolf beside her. Emmett felt nothing more than relief, the war was over and everything would be okay.

Violet would be safe and his forever, his perfect heaven on earth was untouched. It then happened, he turned just in time to see her scream Jacobs name. Dropping the large amount of wood he clutched as he watched her small body collide with the dangerous newborn.

He was across the meadow with no time to react as everyone went still, watching as she hit the ground with a thud so loud it broke them out of their spell but it was too late.

Emmett could see she had almost beaten the bloodthirsty monster, almost taken its head off but the battle was lost as it quickly pulled her arm away and sunk its teeth into the soft flesh of her neck. It was skin, her soft skin that Emmett treasured. The one that he had very well kissed hours before as they gave into one another's body. It was the skin he considered a place of worship destined for him.

And now she had been desecrated, he managed to scream her name. Her screams overruling his own yell.

Emmett felt like he couldn't arrive soon enough, barely registering Jake's large wolf form throwing the newborn off her and ripping it to shreds with his bare teeth.

But Emmett didn't care, he didn't care about vengeance, no, his thoughts were centered around the goddess withering away in screams on the ground.

"Violet... Violet... baby I'm right here. Baby talk to me! I'm here! Please!" He pleaded, grabbing her head between his palms as she screamed louder and her blood mixed in with the dirt, staining her glossy brown hair. His palms coated in the two different materials. Emmett swore his heart was beating, he swore the once useless thing had woken up and was now on the verge of a heart attack as she screamed and it was rivaled by the thunder that boomed over their heads.