ELEVEN

*** EDITED on 7/23/2015 ***

WARNING:
This is an Unedited Rough Draft!!!
I originally wrote this 9+ years ago back in high school, so it won't be the best...

DON'T forget to VOTE & COMMENT please!!!!!!

******************
MEDIA

Pic: Drew Van Acker is who I picture as RICKIE ((THIS is what he would look like in the future))

******************

~ | **-**-**- | R | -**-**-** | ~

Chapter ELEVEN

"Man, this computer is incredibly ancient! Can't believe I thought PC was bad..." Rickie muttered, inspecting the old Toshiba model. This computer had no doubt existed around the Nineteenth or Twentieth Century, where Mokan and Dial-up were the fastest computers ever...

Like the Caveman years, Rickie mused to himself. No doubt my ancestors used these back when they rode dinosaurs to school...that would definitely explain my barbaric table manners...

"Yeah, I know. It's not the best thing there is, but it was the only one I could find that was actually in running shape. It's definitely no Mac or iPad, sorry bud." Jax explained. They were each sitting in a chair, working on the ancient desktop computer that Jax had placed on a work table in the middle of the room.

The Tech Room was the place where both of them liked to hang out. There were two rooms adjacent to each other. One of them was the security room, also known as the control room, where Jax had security computers set up. One of them was connected to motion-detecting sensors that were stationed on the outside perimeter of the mall, including the entrances and back entrances. There would be an audible pinging sound every time someone would walk past one of the sensors, notifying whoever was manning the security footage station. Another computer showed footage of hidden cameras placed at every entrance to the mall as well. Jax controlled all of it.

Other tech equipment whirred behind them, which Rickie always found comforting; it was definitely a lot better than the usual eerie silence that always lingered outside.

Jax and Rickie began picking apart the old computer, examining every part and discarding the ones that were damaged beyond repair, replacing them with newer and more high-tech parts. They were personally handmade by Jax himself, which Rickie found was impressive. He and Jax were pretty close; Jax had similar humorous traits as Rickie, was an excellent mechanic a bit like Rickie, and a bit more devilishly handsome—whereas Rickie was seen more of as a nerd, whereas Jax was more of a Bad Boy.