FOUR

A/N: Play the song in the MEDIA section of this chapter now OR at the vigil part later (: > > > >

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
A/N

WARNING:
This is a rough draft I wrote 9+ years ago back in high school, so it won't be perfect!

************

Chapter FOUR

Chapter FOUR

When we returned to the hideout, we delivered the terrible news of Kyle's untimely undoing to the rest of the rebels. To be expected, they didn't take it too well either.. Many broke down crying, some sobbing into the shirt of the person next to them, and many others who didn't cry just looked solemnly off into the distance faces withdrawn.

Our little committee came together to discuss what to do next and came up with a plan: we'd hold a vigil for Kyle, and build something in remembrance of him.

Then we discussed Blake's position into our Cause, which started off a little crazy—thanks to Alec, of course.

"How can we trust him? He may be an NGO spy for all we know. We don't even know his background, where he came from!" Alec pointed out.

"He's informed me about his past, that he'd been imprisoned most of his life until he was placed into our sector, where he escaped and went to live in New Ferry. He's just a boy looking to make a difference in this world, and he wants to take down the NGO as much as we do." Sal pointed out, sounding very authoritative and most convincing.

I knew that Sal's tale wasn't the full one, but I didn't dare point that out; Alec would've just loved to hear that Blake used to be trained as an NGO soldier.

"Plus, he used to be in charge of security back in New Ferry before he was recently replaced. If I recall, we currently need someone to head the security department, and he's the right guy for the job." He added—and quite cleverly, I have to say.

There were murmurs at this point as every Rep and Junior Rep discussed this new idea amongst themselves. Most of them looked like they agreed with what Sal had said, but only a few looked very skeptical.

Alec noticed this, too, because he started to look annoyed. "Oh, come on... Don't tell me you believe this nonsense! This Blake guy could be lying; how are we to know he's not telling us everything?"

Sal bent forward, resting his hands flat on the table as he looked Alec straight in the eyes. His usually warm gaze looked fiercely as he went on in a serious, absolute voice. "I trust him. I've met him, and I've seen him in action. He's charismatic, selfless, and strong-willed; he cares about people and he always wants the best for them." He pulled his gaze from Alec to look around at all the other Representatives, one by one. "If you don't believe me, see for yourself. Bring Blake in and ask him if you want. Isn't this what we do to everyone who joins us? Afterward, we can decide for ourselves and put it to a vote."