Chapter 14

Hi guys, there's not much to say, except that I had a short writer's block, so this chapter might not be so great. Sorry about that :/

The photo on the side shows Devon Werkheiser, who will play Daniel's role.

Chapter 14- Ella’s POV

“What the hell is this?!?” I screeched at John, looking at the photos he had given me. He gave me a shrug and didn’t reply, taking in deep breaths. “Well?” I asked.

“They’re uh, photos, of you and I kissing. Your face was blurred out though,” he said simply.

“I know what they are! Why were they taken? That’s what I want to know!”

“Well, you should have asked me that, then,” John said, narrowing his eyes at me. He’s so different than I thought he would be when I first met him. He thinks he’s better than everyone else, ugh. And he’s also a psycho. I glared back at him.

“Did you take these? What are you, a psychopath?”

John shook his head. “No! It wasn’t me. Someone else took them, and posted them in Edward’s letter box. Can you believe it? They actually wanted Ed to find out, but not by showing your face, by making me tell him the truth!”

I wasn’t really listening though. Someone had posted the letters to Edward? He was already mad at me for lying to him about knowing John, imagine what woud happen if he could see these photos properly! I looked up at John. “What do you mean, making you tell him the truth?”

John sighed and took a step back, bumping into a broom as he did so. I stifled a laugh as I looked into his serious face. He shooed the broom away, rolling his eyes, and opened his mouth to speak.

“Basically, Edward likes knowing stuff about others, and he’s always curious. He already asked me about a billion times who the girl in the photos is, and sometime or another, I know I’ll have to tell him.”

“Tell him? You can’t tell him!”

His eyes looked suspicious as he regarded me. “Why not?” he asked.

I shook my head, not knowing how to reply to that. I wasn’t going to tell him that I liked Edward... there was no way I could do that. Looks like I’m gonna have to lie...

“He’s my teacher! It’s awkward! He won’t ever look at me in the same way if he finds out!”

It was John’s turn to shake his head now. “Yeah, like he’s gonna look at me in the same way. He’s like, obsessed with you.”

My ears pricked up. “Is he?” I asked.

“Yeah, he is.”

“Then why would you do something like this to him?”

John bit his lip, looking away. “I like... I like you,” he muttered. He seemed tense all of a sudden, and for some reason I felt like he was lying to me. But there was no reason for him to lie. I knew he liked me... he wouldn’t have kissed me if he didn’t, right?

“Is that true?” I found myself asking. Ugh, me and my big mouth. Why do I have to voice all my thoughts?

He looked at me worriedly. “Why would you say that?” he asked cautiously.

“I don’t know! Everything’s so confusing right now!” I panicked, shaking my head. “I’m just gonna go for my break. Don’t show these to Edward, please.” I handed them back to John, who looked just as confused as I was feeling right then.