Zeus the Fabulous

Drew Tanaka thought she heard the soft crackle of fire.

She was with just a few of her half-siblings in the Aphrodite Cabin, who were either braiding each other or taking a nap for the early afternoon. She suddenly heard some crackling, blazing sound from behind. She looked at her half-siblings, searching for a sign that they heard the strange sound. They all looked behind her; more specifically, they were looking at the door to the cabin. As she looked behind her, she noticed that the door opened on its own, revealing a beautiful woman wearing old-fashioned but elegant clothes. She also wore a smile that was beyond incomparable.

Mom, Drew thought without hesitation.

"Mom," she said, but then gasped at her word, thinking it was inappropriate.

"I-I mean, L-Lady Aphrodite!"

She stuttered out her mother's name, and mentally scolded herself. Deities should be acknowledged formally! The other half-siblings who were with her did not even bother to speak and immediately bowed down to her.

On the other hand, Hestia was pleased that Aphrodite's children didn't suspect her as an impostor. After all, she wasn't that popular among them anymore. She then smiled at all of them and motioned them to stand. Afterwards, she acknowledged Drew.

"Wh-what brings you here?" The girl asked, and sat on her bed, also inviting the goddess to sit with her. Hestia smiled and sat down next to her. The others were already going back to their own affairs, but their ears were glued to the deity and to their half- sister.

"Drew-sweetie," She hesitated before speaking. "I need to be very frank with you."

Her voice was very serious, and it panicked Drew. Could it be about her misbehavior? Drew mentally admitted she'd still done those things that her half siblings disliked with her charm speaking, but she was doing it occasionally now, not every day like she used to when she was the head of their cabin. The demigod felt nervousness tugging at her guts, remembering her little tricks she did with a few of her half-siblings earlier.

Hestia finally spoke sternly.

"You've been using too much makeup."

The goddess' words struck the girl.

"W-what do you mean?" she asked frantically.

"Your makeup doesn't suit you, Drew," said Hestia, "it's too annoying to look at!"

It was strange of her to say such words in a sophisticated manner, but she couldn't blame herself for acting as Aphrodite. It was all a dare, after all.

Drew made a loud gasp, and all the other Aphrodite children almost jumped out of shock.

Geez, that's just for makeup! They all thought.

The deity tapped a hand on Drew's shoulder. "Dear, sad as it may seem, but every nymph and goddess in Olympus does not like your makeup. It's just too heavy for the summer season."

Drew felt her heart ache. Her hand reached out to a small hand mirror placed by the pillow of her bed, and gazed upon it. The goddess was right. Her eyes were too smoky. Her rouge was blushing too much. Her lips were very crimson. Why did no one in the cabin tell her to the point that her mother, the goddess of beauty, arrived just to tell her that? What a shame! Was it all because of her stalking Jason and her jealousy for Piper, his girlfriend? Drew balled her fists. She deserved punishment.

The demigod felt the deity put down the mirror with her own hand. Drew was already frowning.

"Drew, because of that I'll have to give you your punishment."