Shipping Blues

Hermes tensed when Apollo called his name. What am I gonna do?! He thought.

I don't want my butt roasted!

"Come here," the sun god said calmly, his fingers curling.

Hermes became a lot nervous. Why does he look like the seme* in the yaoi I watch?!

"No, seriously, come over here."

Hermes went near him. Apollo then leaned towards him and whispered in his ear.

The other deities looked at them curiously. What are they planning to do now?

After some time, Hermes stood up in a happy mood. The others looked at him cautiously. They knew they were both up to no good. Again.

"So uh," the messenger god began, "I'm just going to go out for a while." And then he left the throne room.

"Where is he going?" Aphrodite asked the sun god, who was in the same mood as Hermes.

"I don't know. The library, maybe?" Apollo answered, shrugging.

"Wait, so Hermes is doing a dare?" Asked Poseidon, who was as curious as everyone else.

"Yeah. Actually, I begged him to do a dare."

"You begged him to choose dare?" Athena questioned, her eyes staring right at him suspiciously.

The sun god let out a peace sign with his hand nonchalantly.

"Let's give him twenty minutes."

*

"Here's the thing. I have a dare for you. This isn't against you."

Hermes looked at his friend curiously. "What are you planning?"

"Fanfiction."

"Huh?"

Apollo grinned.

"I want you to make fan fiction out of any pairing among anyone who are here in the throne room. Write it outside. It doesn't matter how long it'd take. Then I want you to read it out loud in front of everyone."

Hermes' upper lip curled into a smile. "I like that," he whispered back. He then turned towards everyone else and said "So uh, I'm just going to go out for a while."

He left the throne room, and looked for a remote place to write. He had already thought of the pairing, and smirked, thinking of how the story would go as a pen and a sheet of paper appeared from his palm.

*

After being questioned for what he asked Hermes to do (and was able to at least tell them to "chill"), Apollo wondered who the unlucky pair would be. Anything would do, he guessed, as long as the output was funny.

He observed a few of the deities leaving the room for a break as the dare would take long. Hestia said she was going for a breather and Hera walked with her, Demeter went out, perhaps to look at the lovely gardens outside, Poseidon and Zeus going out with some glint in their eyes, maybe trying to catch Hermes.

They can't do that to the prank god, he thought.

Knowing it would take Hermes long (he could be looking at other fan fictions for reference), the sun god made a smartphone appear from his palm with the flick of his wrist. Clicking an app for watching various shows, his eyebrows scrunched at the numerous Korean Drama shows filling the main recommendations list.