Chapter Eight

Victoria stared at the desk in front of her as she sat in economic class, Coach's class to be exact. Her vision blurry every once in a while before being normal again. Voices muffled as she just stared into space.

She took her notebook out and started to draw. Her grip tightening on the pencil as she continued the picture. The brunette stared at the page in front of her as she continued to draw, just draw. Victoria's mind wasn't in control anymore. Flashes of the page about Kanima were in her mind.

Just as she finished, her pencil snapped in half. Tiny bits of wood going everywhere. She slowly glanced at the page to see a picture of scales. Victoria knitted her eyebrows together before crushing the paper with her hand.

Scott and Stiles walked into the classroom as Victoria continued to stare at the table. Scott watched the brunette, he tapped Stiles on the shoulder and nodded to Victoria who hadn't notice them yet.

"Victoria?" Stiles said. The brunette jumped, causing her book to fall. Scott quickly caught it and placed it back on her table.

"Uh, Sorry." She whispered as she fixed her hair. Stiles sat next to her as Scott sat behind her. Stiles gave Victoria's shoulder a squeeze before turning to them.

"I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news."

The pair nodded, "I think we already know."

"All right, I only found one thing online called a kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

Victoria knitted her brows together. "That was not a Jaguar." Scott stated.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer."

Victoria started to laugh at the sarcastic boy, "It wouldn't surprise me if you were Stiles." She said through laughs. Scott chuckled at the girl while Stiles glared at the girl next to him.

Scott shook his head to stop himself from chuckling more. "but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead." He stated to the sarcastic friend.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this "friendship."" Stiles hissed.

The two heard a thud and saw that Victoria had fell out her chair, the laughter taking over her.

------- 

Victoria tapped her new pencil against the desk while in Economic class, she knew all this already, so she was a little bored.

Jackson sat close to Stiles, Scott and Victoria as the lesson started with Coach, "Hey, testicle left and right. What the hell is a kanima?"

Victoria nearly spat her water that she had started to drink as Jackson called Stiles and Scott the names.

Before Jackson got his answer, Coach's voice ran through the classroom. "All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups-" Victoria glanced at Scott, a sheepish smile on his face, she glared at him as he slowly shrunk down into his seat. "-because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult - I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy." Coach pointed at a student with their hand up.