The Date

[Maya's POV]

       I home to get ready, luckily Jake wasn't there. I've never gotten comfortable with calling Jake dad. He was never a father to me. Karmen is kinda like a mother but not really. She has to work 3 jobs to support us because Jake can't keep one decent job. Karmen has always wanted to be a mom and she deserves to be called one. Jake, on the other hand, never wanted to be a father and he most definitely doesn't deserve to be one.
Once I finished getting ready I saw a note on the table from my mom. It said
Dear Maya,
This is from mom. Jake will be out of town for about once month. He is visiting his family in California. I stayed because I know you need someone to be with you at night. I heard about your date tonight and I tell you to have fun. I won't be home until 10 for the rest of the week. On the weekend we can go shopping and bond. There is food in the fridge if you get hungry after your date and I'm not home. I love you, Maya!
Love,
Mom
"I love you, too." I said smiling at the paper.
I walked to Starbucks to see Josh waiting outside. He greeted me with an open mouth. "Wow!"
"Thanks, I guess?" I said giggling.
"Your welcome.... we should go inside."
"Good idea." He laughed with me.
We walked into the coffee shop, hand in hand. I couldn't believe my eyes! Lucas was sitting on one of the chairs with Riley on his lap!! Why does it hurt so much?! I don't even like him anymore!! What's wrong with me?! Why are they here?! Are they on a date?! No it can't be!
"Hey Maya!" Riley exclaimed.
"Hey, um... Riles?" I replied, "What are you doing here?"
"You didn't tell her?" Lucas asked with a smirk on his face.
"Oh, yeah. I kinda, sorta, forgot to tell you we were going on a double date tonight..." Riley explained.
"What?! You decided to tag along on my date without even telling me?!" I shouted. What is wrong with me?! Why did I yell at her?! "Josh? Did you know about this?"
"I didn't tell him either." She answered. "But since it is very clear you don't want us here, we will go somewhere else."
"No it's ok. I don't even know why I yelled at you." I said feeling guilty, "I'm... s-sorry."
"It's ok, it was my fault anyways."
"That's why I like you so much!" Lucas said, "you take it out on yourself even when it wasn't your fault." What did he just say?!?!
"Awwwwe! That is so sweet, babe!" She said with the biggest smile on her face.
"I'm sorry what?" I said confused, "Babe?"
"Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you that too!" Riley said happier than ever, "We're dating!"
"Oh." Hopefully she didn't notice my frown. "Can we just go to see the movie now?"
[Time skip to after the movie]
We watched The Huntsman. It was AMAZING!!! I can't believe Revena killed her own sister?! Why would she do that?!
       Josh and I walked outside to find Riley and Lucas making out by the trash can. I just stood there watching them. A few moments later I felt hands on my waist. Josh. "It's a shame we aren't them, isn't it?" He questioned with a smirk.
       "Josh," I said, "I think we should take it slow. I don't want to rush things with us. Can we just take our time?"
       "Of course. Whatever you want." Wow I've never heard those words before! "I'll do anything for my beautiful girlfriend." he finished.
       "Thank you."
       "As I said, anything for you."
[Time skip to Riley's apartment]
       Well taking it slow didn't work out very well for us. We walked home looking up at the sky. He walked me into his bedroom and I couldn't help it! I don't know what came over me! I jumped on top of him and the next thing I knew he smashed his lips onto mine. It was wonderful. Until Riley and Lucas walked in on us.
       "I thought you two were going to take it slow!" Lucas exclaimed. "You guys ditched us to make out?!"
       "In my defense," I began, "you two started it. Weren't you two making out by the trash can?"
       "What are you talking about, Maya!"
       "As much I as would want to, we never kissed." Riley joined the conversation. Maybe they didn't. After all it was really dark and it could've been any blonde guy kissing a brunette. But I still didn't believe them.
       "Really? Prove it!" I spat at them.
       "Ok well you know how I have to go to the bathroom." I nodded at her, "well I was there."
       "And I, was buying some candy for all of us to share." Lucas added.
       "Oh really?" I said.
       "Really."
       "So where's the candy?" He handed me 8 bars of kit-kat's, 5 bars of twix, and 2 boxes of chocolate covered raisins. Huh. So they weren't lying. I have to learn how to trust people more.
       "You happy now?"
       "Yes, yes I am." I opened one of the candy bars and stuffed all of it in my mouth. "I better get going."
       "I'll walk you home!" Josh offered.
       "No it's ok. I don't want you out this late at night. Especially in my neighborhood."
        "Oh, ok."
        "I'll walk with you and keep you company." Lucas said. "Your house is on the way to mine anyways."
       "Ok." I said.
       "Let's go then." He pushed me out the door and started walking. Most of the way home was pretty quiet. All we did was look at the stars or take quick glances at each other.
       "So here's my stop." I said interrupting the awkward silence, "be safe."
       "Ok, bye." He replied. Be fore I could walk through the door he grabbed my arm, "Wait."
I stood there for a few seconds waiting for him to say something but all he did was hold my wrist and stare right into my eyes.  
       "Earth to Huckleberry!" I finally said.
       "Oh yeah sorry. I wanted to ask you a question." I nodded and he continued, "Why were you making out with Josh?"
       "Why do you care so much."
       "I don't know I just don't see how you two can be together. You guys are like polar opposites!"
       "Don't opposites attract?"
       "Yes. But if you're too different, you'll argue all the time."
       "Ok fine. Maybe I don't like him. Maybe I just want to forget about the person I actually like."
       "Who do you like?"
       I wanted to scream "you" at the top of my lungs. But I couldn't say that so I said, "That's none of your business."
       "You want to know who I like?" He said stepping closer after every word.
       I stepped back, "I already know who you like Hee-haw! You like Riley."
       "Um... you went on a date with her. I think that pretty much says everything."
       "True but I only said yes because I wanted to know if I liked her and if I got over the other person I liked." Once again he kept stepping forward and I stepping backwards to the point where my back was against the fence and we were 3 inches apart.
       "So... what your saying is...."
       "I still like her. I don't think I ever will like Riley like that. Don't get me wrong she's an amazing person and all but she will always be like a little sister to me." he explained staring at my lips like a man who hasn't eaten in a year.
       I wanted so badly to kiss him but he's Riley's and as much as I want to, I can't do that to her. "So who's her?"
       After making our foreheads touch, he said, "Do you really want to know?"
       "Yeah, I actually do." He started to lean in. I closed my eyes and letting it happen.
       He kissed me. But it wasn't like Josh's make out session. It was more passionate. It felt like he really meant it. Hopefully he did. He slid his hands down to my waists and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We were like this for I don't really know how long.
       He pulled out of the kiss, "Wow!"
       "Yeah, wow."
       He leaned in again and the next thing I knew my back was against a wall. He lifted my legs and wrapped them around his waist. His hands were slowly moving towards my butt from my waist. But I kept my arms wrapped around his neck, not only because it was the most comfortable position, also because I didn't want to fall.  
       It was perfect until i heard a voice, "Maya? Lucas?!" That voice sounded awfully familiar. That's when it hit me! Fuck! It might be Riley!