Chapter 16- Earth Shattering Battle

...

What the heck?? This is actually an earth shattering battle!

Will was baffled by what was happening. The ground near him and everywhere around him had been completely upheaved, the reason? The wolves were raining down a storm of what Will called wind bombs.

These were sphere like objects, made up of wind that detonated on impact. The two remaining generals were the attackers. The king did nothing. He just remained still, observing Will the entire time. This made Will very uncomfortable, like he was under the scrutiny of a microscope.

This long distance attack was quite effective. At least it allowed the wolves to see what Will could do. The bombs had a large concussive blast radius of about five meters, and they moved quickly as well. Although their trajectories were much easier to predict than the wind blades, they did far more damage.

Due to the massive blast radius, Will had to change direction the moment a wind bomb was released because he was also paying attention to both wolves constantly. He was only able to do this due to his dual mind skill, allowing him to split his concentration. Will had tried his best to increase the distance between him and the wolves, but the wolves would just move closer; since they were faster than him, since this was easy for them.

They also avoided getting closer to Will, much to his dismay. Will did not have any good single target long range attack, all he had was a water blade, which was too weak to deal with the wolves.

Thus, all Will could do the entire time was dodge the attacks from the wolves. To the wolves, it seemed as though Will was fighting for his life, but Will on the other hand was merely pretending to struggle. Yes he was struggling somewhat under the rain on attacks, but it didn't tire him, nor did it pose any threat to him.

Will's previous performance had made the king wary, so he had instructed its generals to keep a certain distance, and attack Will with wind bombs continuously. This distance made it easier for Will to dodge, and also made the bombs slightly inaccurate.

The result, was a destroyed wasteland, filled with chunks of large rocks or earth lying everywhere. This made the ground completely uneven, which then made it harder for Will to move around.

Surprisingly, he still chose to stay around that debris filled area. The reason was simple he had come up with a strategy.

It was one, which would allow him to take care of at least one of the generals if performed well. It was a rather audacious plan, and it needed incredible precision, concentration and timing. Due to dual mind, Will had the first two parts down. Now all he had to do was calculate the timing.

The way he decided to do that was simple, at least to him anyway. All he did was to jump around, running from mound to mound. He actually was secretly infusing water into the cracks. He did this continuously for about ten minutes, until his storage ring was about to run out of water. The generals never noticed a thing. Although the king found Will's movements rather odd at times, he still didn't suspect much.

When the water went through the cracks, it would turn into water blades, cutting and chiseling the stones underneath the earth into random shapes. Each mass of water, was like an extension of his body, Will could roughly feel what the water was doing. Once a stone was cut, he would run to the area directly above it and get wind bombs blasted on top, clearing the path for the stones and allowing his water masses to push the stones up little by little.

Regardless of the fact that the rocks were heavy, Will's yuan reinforced water would easily be able to lift them up, especially with Will close by.

The rock lifting went on for about an hour, until the entire area was covered in large rocks, as far as the eye could see. The wolves did not suspect a thing; they just assumed this was a result of their constant wind bombs. They failed to notice how most of the rocks, had flat surfaces, like they had been cleanly cut...