Chapter 55- A new challenger approaches

Letty marveled at what she had just learned, but when she looked at his level she gained a shock. Because Will was now level 29!

Defeating the Warthog only gave him a few levels of experience? What is this? He should at least be approaching level 40, especially considering the gap in power between the two and the fact that he seems to have come out without a scratch...

The system awarded experience for leveling according to multiple factors, the main ones being the gap in strength between the two opponents and the execution style. Will had managed to slay a beast that was at a higher rank than he was and he came out virtually unharmed. Letty would not have been surprised if Will was above level 45.
What she did not know was that although Will was many levels below the beast in terms of energy quantity, he was far above in terms of quality. The main reason why Will's level had dropped to level 20 after cultivation was because his foundations were too weak and his energy was weak.

Experience just stuffs energy into you, but cultivation allows one to refine and improve the quality of the energy of their body while increasing the amount of energy in your body. The better the quality of your energy, especially at the beginning stages of one's cultivation, the better their foundation and the more formidable you become. The system also took note of Will's previous battles and his plethora of abilities into account before it came up with how much experience to give the young man.

"Yo, you seemed to have benefited quite a bit." Will jumped from his sheet and landed in front of Letty with a smile beaming on his face.

Letty nervously bowed, "It is all thanks to Master. Also I would like to congratulate Master on being victorious."

Will nodded and his grin widened, he had not received that much praise ever since he became a cultivator.

Will walked to the shore and once again squatted, dipping his hand into the water. "So, tell me, what you think of the skill I gave you."

"Ah, yes. It is incredible; it is also very suitable for my class and abilities. With it I am confident I will be able to serve Master better in the future. Thank you, Master for placing so much faith in me." Letty's heart was filled with gratitude; she knew just how valuable the skill Will had given her was. She silently swore in her heart that she would serve this man to the best of her abilities, because she knew that there were many more worthy of such kindness.

"No need to stand on ceremony. You are one of my people, so I should make sure you are pimped to the max." Will nodded in satisfaction at his own words. Letty smiled wryly at Will's odd use of words but still none the less felt the warmth in his tone.

He said my people. He trusts me, even though he knows that I am from an enemy world...

Letty looked at her Master with an unsure expression. Her fate was now going to be in the hands of this odd youth. He was certainly strong. But there was difference between a strong man and a victorious man.

It takes more than talent and strength to make it to the top.

Letty gritted her teeth and steeled her resolve. For better or for worse, her future was for him to determine.
As time went, the duo kept on conversing as they were, silently awaiting what would come next. In her opinion, Letty believed that since Will disposed of the mini boss so quickly, a more powerful mini boss will come, or perhaps even two. Will's heart palpitated in anticipation. There were many things he wanted to try out, many aspects of his abilities left untested.
It was almost sunrise when the atmosphere suddenly changed...

...

In a beautiful golden room hundreds of miles away, a meeting was occurring. A multitude of powerful female users were seated around a round table. Only two chairs were empty. The room was adorned with many expensive pieces of art and beautiful designs, giving off a feeling of majesty. The users themselves were also nothing to scoff at. Each had powerful equipment and a plethora of experience.