20

NOT EDITED :

Wiping away her tears, Sapphire dumped the last set of clothes into the bag. 'There is no reason to cry', she thought to herself. But the ache in her heart did not seem to relax. How could her heart relax when it had just been shattered into a zillion pieces?  How can she ask herself to stop crying, when all she wanted was to curl up into a ball and cry her eyes out?

"No Sapphire, you are not going to cry." she said firmly. Hoping at least by hearing those words her pain would ease. But as expected, it didn't. Instead, it just reminded her even more of the reason for the pain. His words still echoed in the caves of her mind. And every word drilled a new hole in her heart.

She picked up the little photo frame that sat on the night stand by her bed and stared at the picture,a picture of her with Bennett that was clicked on their first date. They looked so perfect together like they were made for each other. And that's what she had believed until now?

It all looked like a bad dream from which she couldn't wake up. Little beads of tears dropped on the picture and she gently wiped it with her sweater. Hugging the picture close to her chest she dropped to the floor and let her emotions out. Finally allowing herself the luxury of tears.

She didn't know how long  she had sat there crying till she noticed that the sun had already set and the darkness had crept into her now empty room. Wiping away her tears with the back of her sleeves, she tuned on the bed side lamp as she stood up. Glancing at her now empty room, she sighed.

She had finished packing up all her belongings and all she was left with was to call for a cab. She glanced at the photo frame in her hands and sighed. No! She wasn't going to take it along with her. She wasn't going to spend the rest of her life mourning over her broken heart. She was going to move on and start fresh.

Placing the photo frame back on the night stand she gave it a one last look. Did she really wanted to leave it behind?  Hell No! But she had to. She couldn't give him the satisfaction of the effect he still had on her. Taking a deep calming breath she grabbed her phone from her bed and called for a cab.

She placed a gentle hand on her still flat stomach and her lips curled into a sad smile. "I'm so sorry Precious, from now on its just us against the world." she whispered to her unborn child. As she had made up her mind and Yes! She was keeping the baby and she was going to raise him/her all by herself. She was brought up by a single parent and she knew it wasn't impossible.

But there was a huge difference between her and her father. Her father was a multi Billionaire and she? A fresh graduate with no job and nowhere to go. Going back home was an option she had personally discarded. She didn't have the courage to face her father. And knowing him she knew he would never Let her keep the baby.

What was she going to do? And where was she supposed to go?  The questions kept repeating in her mind again and again. A knock at the door brought her out of her thoughts and Without thinking  she hurried to the door and answered it.  "What are you doing here Noel?" she asked the moment she opened the door.

"Mind if I come in? It's pretty cold out here." he said as he rubbed his palms together. Softly apologising, she held the door open for him. Unlike all the others,  Noel was the only one who had always been nice to her. And in thepast couple of months she had already started considering him as a brother.

Noel studied his surrounding and his eyes immediately narrowed. "So you are leaving." it wasn't a question but a statement. Sapphire had to chew her bottom lip to prevent herself from making a snappy comment that it was none of his business. But she didn't dare do it. Actually she couldn't. She was way too nice for it.