✾chapter three✾

• [2rd Persons P.O.V] •

The day passed slowly, your mind drifted to the near future of 4:30pm where you would come face-to-face with the handsome stranger you met yesterday in the coffee shop.

The bell rung, finally! You had 1 hour to get ready before you were to meet Light at the coffee shop. You rushed home quickly and made yourself a sandwich, freshened up your makeup (if you wear any) and sprayed deodorant and perfume all over your clothes to make sure you smelt pleasant. Grabbing your keys and making sure you had your phone you made your way to the coffee shop after locking your door and letting Light know you were on your way. You felt butterflies forming in your stomach, was this a date? Why did he want to see you? You had all these wild ideas spinning in your head, which made you more nervous. "Y/N?" A voice called, causing you to snap your head to face the person you were on your way to meet.

"H-Hey Light!" You stuttered. "I was just texting you that I was on my way."

"Same," he smiled, showing you his phone with half a text message sent to you just saying he was on his way to the coffee shop. You giggled and showed him your phone also which had a similar message to his. "Glad that we met halfway, I hate to walk alone."

"I find walking alone quite relaxing," you stated.

"Right fine," Light joked, pouting and walked away. You grabbed his sleeve and pulled him back next to you and you both began to laugh.

"Not like that," you smiled a laugh still obvious in your throat. "You know what I mean. When you're walking home, or to college, or even to a friends house it gives you a chance to collect your thoughts if you've had a bad day. Even if you've had a good day, it gives you a time to reflect."

"Hmm..." Light thought about it for a moment and smiled gently. "You're right. I've never thought about it like that. I suppose instead of getting angry at my parents, I should go for a walk to clear my head."

"Yes Light, and you know if that doesn't work, you have my number. Call me and I'll come and meet you, no matter what time it is, day or night," you smiled softly at him, your heart fluttering at his facial features, and the way he smiled at you.

Once you had reached the coffee shop it had hit you, you knew nothing about the man sitting in front of you. He could be a murder, rapist or a thief, yet here you were letting him into your heart without a single thought. "Y/N? You okay?" Light's voice came, causing you to come back to reality.

"Sorry Light, I was just thinking; I know nothing about you," you whispered. You both had ordered your coffee, had got it and sat down at a table.

"The same can be said about you," Light smirked as he took a sip of his drink.

"Tell me about yourself," you smiled, sitting back, watching the young male stare back into your eyes with that smirk made you come undone and nervous.

"Well," he started. "My name is Light Yagami, I'm 20, my birthday is February 28th... I have a younger sister, I'm 5'10 and I work with the Japanese Task Force, but sh, that part is a secret..."

"That's interesting," you smiled.

"What about you  Miss Y/N," Light asked, leaning forward to listen carefully.

"Erm," you blushed and took a sip of your coffee before clearing your throat. "My name is Y/N L/N , I'm 17, I have an older brother, my birthday is Y/B/D, I'm Y/H (height) and I'm a student at college." You looked at Light who scrunched up his nose.

"You're 17?" he asked, scratching his neck. "You look 19."

"Are you... disappointed?" you asked, slightly saddened by his reaction.

"No, not at all. I don't mind," Light started, eyes widening when the words came out of his mouth. "Not saying that I'm a pervert or anything! I-I mean that, you look really beautiful! I mean-"

"Oh Light, shush," you smiled. "It's fine, I get that a lot... Not that I'm beautiful, the fact that I look slightly older than I am... No one has ever said I'm beautiful."

"Never? Like, ever?" Light asked, gasping and placing a hand over your hand, you shook your head. "Well, I never knew everyone in the entire world was blind." You were in shocked, his hand still over yours, you felt your cheeks redden and you looked at the floor.

You two talked for the rest of the night until you had to go home. "Light, I hate to cut this short, but I have to get home for dinner," you whispered, looking at your phone and seeing your mum had just text you to let you know that dinner will be ready soon.

"Let me walk you home," Light smiled standing up.

"No it's fine," you started but he cut you off and handed you your coat.

"Nope, i'm walking you home. It's dark out and besides, what sort of a date would this be if I didn't walk you home?" Light smirked with a wink. You choked quietly, did he say date? It was a date!

"If I'd have known this was a date I'd of scrubbed up," you whispered, looking down at your clothes and blushed.

"Well what did you think it would be? A single guy asking a highly attractive stranger out for coffee," he smiled. "And you look beautiful, I promise." You blushed and put your coat on as you both walked out the coffee shop and towards your home.

"We're here," you smiled as you reached your house. "Thanks for this date, next time, tell me it's a date so I can at least attempt to impress you."

Light chucked and shrugged, "fine but you impress me wearing your 'normal' clothes."

"Goodnight Light," you smiled and began to walk to your door when you felt a hand on your wrist pull you back to Light where his lips met your cheek.

"I'll message you later," he smiled, letting go of your wrist. "Goodnight beautiful." You blushed and nodded, saying goodnight again before waving and walking inside.

HEY, CHAPTER THREE!
I hope this is okay and i'm sorry it's quite long
5 votes and i'll update!
it really means a lot!