✾chapter twenty-five✾

• [2rd Persons P.O.V] •

You and Light sat in the car that was being driven towards the headquarters. Silence fell upon the car, but Light took your hand in his. Making sure you knew he was with you, and he loved you. You had no idea why he was taking you to headquarters, but he was. It made you uncomfortable at the fact that L was going to be there, you had no doubt about it. "We're here," a friendly old man had spoken once he had opened the car door. He had first introduced himself as Watari, L's loyal friend, and servant you guessed?

"Come on Y/N! Come meet the team," Light smiled and walked out the car, pulling you along with him.

You tried to match his enthusiasm but failed, "okay!" You sighed and allowed yourself to be dragged along. Watari had helped you enter the big building underground, and told the both of you to put all your electronics into a small box where they would be held safe - you saw phones already there and lay yours next to Lights.

"Come, this way," Watari smiled and opened the door for the both of you that lead to the main hall. People sat and stood around talking to eachother, when you saw that one man there. Everyone turned their heads to look at you and Light. 6 faces, including 1 familiar one - Lights father.

"Y/N, welcome to the task Force," Light smiled. "These people are; Shuichi Aizawa, Kanzo Mogi, Touta Matsuda, Hideki Ide, Hirokazu Ukita and of course you know my father, Soichiro Yagami."

"It's a pleasure to meet you,"  you smiled. "I'm Y/N L/N."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," they all said at the same time, with a grin. The raven haired male turned his head to look at you.

"Hi," he said in the same monotone way.

"Ryuzaki," you asked cautiously, remembering that he thinks Light doesn't know that you know he's L. (Tch that's a mouthful) "what are you doing here?"

"Well," He started standing up and walking over to you, playing your game. "I'm the famous detective L."

"Oh!" You put on your best surprised voice, you forgot who you were acting for who things started getting so confusing for you.

"I didn't think Light was going to bring you here," L spoke, pressing a thumb to his lips. You shrugged as he proceeded to mutter under his breath something you couldn't quite understand.

"I brought her here because, well, I was hoping she could see how things work," Light said. "You know around the place."

"I don't see why that's a bad idea!" The man known as Matsuda said enthusiastically, only to be slapped on the chest by Lights father.

"That's my sons girlfriend you're talking about," he scolded. You chuckled as Light grabbed your arm and sat you on a couch as the others went around doing their work.

"This is what we can conclude about Kira's schedule at the moment..." you heard Aizowa speak, you watched as you were trying to bring your knowledge into play, and your chance come, but Light told you not too by squeezing your hand.

"As we can see, Kira's been much more active over the last 3 days than he's ever been," L spoke up, turning to look at you and Light discreetly. His blood boiling. Were you helping Kira? Were you Kira, and they'd been after the wrong person this whole time? Either way, he knew he had to have you. Whether it be in his arms or custody.

"Kira's sending you a clear message," you spoke up finally. Everyone turned to look at you, your face heating up. "This person. This man or woman. They follow the signs of a sociopath for example this woman here," you walked over and pointed to a name on the screen. "Was only accused of sexual assault. They're showing you that it doesn't matter what they've been accused of or convicted of, they trust their own judgement over the police. An inflated self-ego, sign one of a sociopath. The second sign, what they're actually doing. Now you might say that what they're doing is psychopathic. But Kira believes that they're above all others, and that the rules of society don't apply to them. Is this really cold-blooded murder or is it just someone who knows their doing right and when they started thought the police would be happy?" You knew you needed to shut up but you couldn't. L made direct eye contact with, his eyes held an emotion of... fear mixed in with the idea of being impressed. You couldn't tell if he wanted to hit your or hug you.

"Y/N shut up," Light growled, he grabbed your arm and pulled you away from the screen. "You need to go home. Watari will drive you home, I need to stay here. I'll text you later."

"Light-"

"Go, Y/N," he said with a stern voice and his eyes held anger. You smirked at him, regardless of his anger.

"Bye Light," you smirked and began to walk away but Light pulled you into a kiss as he saw L staring at you from the others. Light couldn't help but mentally smirk as he watched the brainy detective shuffle uncomfortably from the corner of his eye. When he thought he'd angered the detective enough he let you go, you still smirked at him but his anger never faded.

"I love you," he huffed out as you walked away.

"I love you too," you smiled. And you didn't know that those would be the last words you'd hear from him for a while because as soon as you stepped outside, something came into contact with the back of your head and you fell to the floor - knocked out cold.

Sorry for the long delay
A2 is so demanding and time consuming. Can't wait for summer holidays in 2-3 weeks ^^ this story only has like 3 chapters left.
I'm sorry it's been so bad and I will be editing chapters because I know there are a lot of grammatical errors, but it's because I write at night when it's like 2am because I have no time during the day :)
Love you all
-K x