Chp.11

"And I said, can I get into my car without being slobbered on? Like seriously, he knows what my truck looks like so why is he making out with some chick on my door. Is he trying to get me jealous?" I talked to Molly. We had been traveling for two days and we already knew each other inside and out. I liked having someone to talked to. She really helped out with trixy and helped take some of the load off of me.

    "It seems like it. I think he wants to see your reaction maybe. Or he could just be a player. "She shrugged. We had just stopped at dunkin donuts to get some coffee, and now I was driving.

    "Boys." She said as she cranked up the radio when 'Brand new heartache' by cherry Holmes started playing.

     "Seriously?" I asked. She laughed. I rolled my eyes and pulled off for the exit to Boseman.

    "Ready or not here we come!" Molly said.

       I pulled into an empty lot, away from everyone else. We hopped out and stretched.

    "Ready to get to work?" I asked.

      "Yep, I'll go get you signed in." She said as she grabbed her wallet and walked away. I let cash out and took out Trixy. Tying her up, I pulled out the lawn chairs.

      "When do you race?" Molly asked as I handed her a beer.

    "Tomorrow, at 1:00." I answered as we sat down by the fire.

      "You know, I'm so glad you called me." She said as I sat down.

      "Oh I almost forgot." I said, getting back up. I grabbed the radio and popped in my Garth brooks CD. I couldn't stand sitting around in silence. It was unnerving. She kicked up her leg as 'friends in low places' came on. Immediately we started singing.

    Cause I've got friends in low places
   Where the whiskey bends and the beer chases
    My blues away, and I'll be okay

       We stopped as we heard someone clear their throat. Molly turned a shade darker from anger not from embarrassment. I spun and saw some bull rider. He was tall and lanky with dusty blonde hair and blue eyes. Pretty attractive but his stance was full of cockiness.

     "Hey Molly. I see your not top roper after I dumped you." He said with a smirk. Anger bubbled in me too. She narrowed her eyes at him

   "Go away Travis." She spat.

      "Ha, you wish." He said. Who did this guy think he is? This is my trailer.

   "You asked for it." She hissed as she opened the camper door and let the growing Cash out. She pointed at him and cash let out a low growl. Travis high tailed it away leaving me and Molly laughing.

        "D-did you see his face." I said out of breath.

       After we had our own little concert and went and ate dinner, we walked back to our trailer. I smiled.

        "That was fun." I told Molly. She smiled and shook her head.

         "Yeah, now let's go to bed, I'm tired." She said as she stretched her fingers towards the sky.

        "Oh alright, I call shower first." I said.

          "Fine." She rolled her eyes. I gave her a triumphant smile.

    We were walking up to the door when I caught sight of the familiar trailer next to ours. My heart sped up at just the sight of it.

      "Molly, that's his." I whispered. She looked at me before looking over my shoulder. She gave me a nod.

      "K, get inside." She whispered as we snuck into the trailer.

    I was slipping on a pair of black track shorts when there was a knock on the door.

     "I'll get it." Molly said. She opened the door and a familiar voice rang through the trailer.

       " hey am- where's Amelia." He asked. Hunter. Great.

    "Um, why are you asking?" Molly sneered. I smiled. I taught her so well. Sure we barely knew each other but whatever. I slipped on a dark green, long sleeve and walked out to brush my hair. Molly was not inside the trailer.

I threw my hair into a messy bun and peeked my head through the door and saw her with her finger in hunters face. He seemed frightened and was slowly backing away.

      "Molly, go get your shower."'I instructed. I could feel Hunter's eyes glued to me but I kept mine trained on molly.

    "But....ugh fine." She said. As she walked passed me she whispered in my ear," go get em, sister." I smiled and slipped on my camo slides before stepping out.

   "What do you need, Hunter?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip.

     "I just wandered if-" he was cut off.

    "Babe, could you come here please?" That stupid blonde stuck her head out of his trailer door.

     "Go help you girlfriend." I spat, jutting my chin towards her. I didn't want it continuously rubbed in my face.

     "But-" I cut him off.

      "Go." I said before walking back into the camper and shutting the door. His face fell and his shoulders sagged.

   After Molly came out I spilt the beans. "He tried to ask me something but that stupid blonde stuck her head out of his trailer and called him babe." I spat. I was acting like an eight year old but I didn't care.

   "Ooooooh." Molly said.

    "You still like him, don't you?" She said, sitting on the bed next to me. I flopped back on the bed.

      "Yep." I answered, no point in lying.

     "I would say we need to make him jealous, but you don't seem like the girl that would take payback." Molly said flopping down next to me. I nodded and flipped onto my stomach.

    "I'm tired." She stated.

     "Let's hit the hay then." I said as I crawled up to the top of the bed and snuggled under the covers.

      "Night." We mumbled at the same time.