Chapter 10

We got to the shopping centre and met Jade in McDonalds. Bailey looked angry to see us.

"Before you say anything and get angry, let me speak." Nate said to her.

She nodded and let him speak. He continued to tell her everything and she listened, so did Jade and Harper.

He told them about his family, about me, about his friendship group and everything he could think of that had happened in the past couple of days. I didn't think he was going to tell them everything, but he did.

They all swore to secrecy and Bailey forgave me and explained that she just panicked and got annoyed.

We sat in mcdonalds and all ordered ice-cream. "I like your friends, they're cool." Nate said to me after he had finished. I smiled at him and he put his arm around my shoulders.

"So are you two together?" Jade asked as we were walking through the shopping centre. Nate was up front talking to Bailey about something and I shrugged a little.

"Well, we kissed but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything." I replied quietly with a shrug.

"Oh, he should. You two are definately made for each other and the way he looks at you is just... Wow." She said.

I laughed and she did too. "Great explanation."

"Shut up." She laughed as she nudged me with her shoulder. I noticed that Nate had stopped walking and had waited for us to catch up a little. He smiled at me as I approached and I could see what Jade meant by 'the way he looks at me'. He did have a certain look that I never saw when he looked at anyone else. I smiled back.

Bailey decided she needed the loo and I went with her, leaving Nate with Harper and Jade (who hadn't stopped talking), I laughed as I left, that girl asks a lot of questions.

We all walked out and parted after we got outside. Jade is getting her mum to pick them up and me and Nate are getting the bus.

Before I left, Jade handed me a bag with something in it. I looked inside and saw my team top. I smiled and hugged all three of the girls.

That night, I told Nate to order food while I was doing my homework. I was upstairs for about half an hour and he hadn't come to get me so I wandered downstairs.

The kitchen light was dimmed a little and I could smell food. I walked in and he had put candles along the kitchen table with two plates and knives and forks with our food tubs in the middle of the table. My hand flew to my mouth as he smiled at me.

"I was wondering how long it took you to notice that I wasn't calling you for food." He smiled.

"What is this?" I asked with a smile. They were the only words that came out of my mouth.

He walked over to me. "This is a date... Well, not a proper one but I don't have any money and I hope you don't mind but I moved candles from around the house and I'll put them back, I promise. I know its not a real date and I feel bad but its the best I can do-" I cut him off by kissing him because he was rambling and I could tell he was nervous. We pulled apart. "This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, thank you." I replied with a smile. He let go of a breath that he must have been holding.

"You like it?"

"I love it." I replied. He led me to my chair and then he sat in his. We ate and talked for ages and then we talked some more.

"I have something for you." He said as he pulled a box from the floor. It was a long box and I could tell it was a piece of jewellery.

He placed the box in the middle of the table and I picked it up. When I opened it, I saw a bracelet and it had little love heart charms along it. It also had a lock and key and a rose charm. It was all silver and gorgeous.

"Where did you get this, how?" I asked as I ran my fingers along it.

"Uh, well, I remembered you looking at it for a little longer than you usually look at things as you passed it that first time we went to town. Luckily, that shop was just outside the toilets and as I know you girls like to stare in the mirror and fix makeup and hair and stuff, I quickly ran into the shop and used the very last savings off my card to buy it." He explained.

Now that he mentioned it, I did remember staring at it, it was so beautiful. I rememberd the display and then the price. "This was like £90!" I said.

He nodded. "The very last of my money, but its worth it." He said as he looked at me. I felt like I was going to melt right there. "Do you like it?" He sounded a little scared.

"I love it. It's beautiful!" I replied.

"So, what I really wanted to ask you was, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. He looked more hopeful than I have ever seen. I nodded while I processed the information. I managed to squeak a yes and he came over to me and kissed me.

We moved onto the sofa to watch a movie with popcorn and a thought popped into my head. "Whats going to happen with Tiffany?" I asked.

"Not sure, she likes me but I can not stand the girl. She can deal with it." He replied. I nodded and we watched the rest of the movie.