Chapter 11: Dawud's Answers

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Jannah's P.O.V

Mariam banged against the washroom door in frustration. "Jannah! Please get out! I have to pee and you've been in there for half an hour!" She pleaded, banging on the door some more.

I smiled, wrapping my hair in a towel. "Beauty takes time, sis!"

She scoffed. "Yeah, for the ugly."

I laughed and opened the door. She ran in and pushed me out. "Oh, B.T.W, Dad left Dawud's answers to your questions on the counter. They're really juicy!" She exclaimed.

I gasped. "You read them? That's none of your business, Mariam!" I shouted. She slammed the door in my face.

"Sorry! Gotta pee!"

I shook my head and hurried downstairs to the foyer. There it was. I grabbed it and held it against my chest, thanking Allah.

I've got to give Dawud credit. My father gave him the questions yesterday and he handed them to me the next day. That showed efficiency and I liked it.

With a deep breath, I opened the paper up, pushing against the creases and flattening it out. I walked over to the living room and threw myself onto the couch eagerly. Bismillah...

___

Hey Dawud! Below are several questions I wanted to ask you before we meet again. - Jannah

What is your concept of marriage?
In Islam, getting married is encouraged. Scientifically, marriage can also serve as a means of tension reduction. Lastly, it is a form of Ibadah (Worship) because it is obeying Allah and his messenger.

Have you been married before?
No, I haven't.

Tell me three things that you want to accomplish in the near future.
I'd like to perform hajj, travel and plant dozens of trees, Insha'Allah

Tell me three things that you want to accomplish, long term.
I'd like to have a practicing family, I'd like to expand our bookstore across the country and I would like to finish university, Insha'Allah

Why did you choose me as a potential spouse?
You have a wonderful and fun personality. You're also very modest and shy, which are traits that appeal to me.

What is the role and importance of religion in your life now?
Islam is everything to me. I pray 5 times a day and I can't function properly if I don't. Allah is above all things and I live each day to please him.

What are you expecting of your spouse, religiously?
I'd like a wife who can inspire me to become a better Muslim each day. I'd also like a wife who can teach our future children the beauty of Islam and what it means to be a Muslim, Insha'Allah.

What can you offer your zawj (spouse), spiritually?
I'd make it a priority to increase her in deen (faith) just like how I'd like her to do the same for me. I'd take her to Islamic lectures and courses as well. All in all, I'd help her gain Allah's pleasure.

What is the role of the husband?
I'd be responsible for the wife's maintenance (her right to lodging, clothing, food and general care like medication, hospital bills etc) :)

What is the role of the wife?
I'd like a wife who can contribute to the success and blissfulness of our marriage by following what our religion teaches and commands.